X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor
    • May 2005

Good Price for Rotel RCD-1072

I talked my dealer down to 615 for a new Rotel RCD- 1072. Just wondering if that was a good price to pay? What has everyone else paid for their cd players.
    THanks
    Trevor :T
  • Elvis
    • Jan 2005

Since they're selling pretty good used at about 450-500 I'd say 615 w/warranty sounds very fair.

Comment

• gianni
      • Nov 2002

That is a good price - best I could do was 630. Don't expect deep discounting w/ new Rotel gear.

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

10% discount on Rotel is about the limit unless you buy many pieces at once.

Comment

• Trevor
          • May 2005

I thought it was a good price. I had to drive out of town to sample the cd player so I got them to give me a deeper discount. I only got 15 dollars over ten percent but it all helps.

Comment

• june
            • Feb 2005

Hello,

I saw one on audiogon.com for $350.00.
            June
            "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• Rod S
              • Mar 2005

10% here too.
              When I've bought Rotel I've been told that 5% is not a problem 10% is doable and anything else is unlikely....... from my dealer anyway.
              The same was applicable for B&W.

Comment

• stantheman2
                • Apr 2004

Diito on 10% off. I got that from my dealer on two individual Rotel components purchased two years apart. If I was dropping $10K at a time, I might have argued for deeper discount, but 10% seemed reasonable and fair.

Comment

• greve
                  • Oct 2004

40% ;-)

I got 40% off an RSP-1098. It's about 2 years ago and it was a factory refurb unit but with full 2 year warranty. I'm extremely happy, but wonder if someone is dying to inform me otherwise along the lines of "factory refurb is the worst buy ever, regardless of price, because..." etc etc. I'll be listening to such talk, but I'm still very happy with my purchase... ;-)

Comment

• Elvis
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by june
                    Hello,

I saw one on audiogon.com for $350.00.
                    Saw is right,you see how long it lasted.

Comment

• Elvis
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by greve
                      I got 40% off an RSP-1098. It's about 2 years ago and it was a factory refurb unit but with full 2 year warranty. I'm extremely happy, but wonder if someone is dying to inform me otherwise along the lines of "factory refurb is the worst buy ever, regardless of price, because..." etc etc. I'll be listening to such talk, but I'm still very happy with my purchase... ;-)
                      A good deal is a good deal,who cares what others think?Good goin'.

Comment

• wkhanna
                        Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Elvis
                        A good deal is a good deal,who cares what others think?Good goin'.
                        I could not agree more.

I just got an RB-1050 display unit ( not a powered demo ) from a local dealer, with full warranty, for $300. It may prove to be a bit underpowered down the road for my main system rear surrounds, but could be a wonderful unit for a Zone 2 application at that point, or at least return a decent price on the used market. So I said why not?

It made me feel good to get a good deal, and then surprised me with better than expected performance.
                        Last edited by wkhanna; 24 March 2006, 18:36 Friday.
                        _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                        ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Club1820
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Elvis
                          Saw is right,you see how long it lasted.
                          It only lasted two days! Wonder why he sold for so little. It was the all black model. Guess these are going for less than silver.
                          Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• gd
                            • Jan 2003

Black and silver have nothing to do with it.

I'd always be concerned if the deal seems to good to be true... most A-gon sellers do their homework and stay in the neighborhood of Bluebook pricing for used gear.

But sometimes happy accidents happen.
                            greg (gd to you)
                            Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
                            production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• jim777
                              • Mar 2005

They seem to sell a lot higher on eBay... nothing under 500$US.

Didn't the 350$ one on A-gon last only a day or two... gotta be fast on the trigger

Comment

• Club1820
                                • Jan 2006

Actually, lately everything Rotel has been going for crazy prices on Ebay! 1095's up to $1750 - $1800, I paid $1250 in Dec. 1052 Receiver - $750, I paid $525 in Jan. 1060 DVD $650-$750, I paid $550 in Feb. 1068 Pre/Pro $1500, I paid $1250 in Dec. All of my items were either basically new or used for a couple of months (or so the seller said. LOL).

Crazy! Need fast cash - Get rid of your Rotel on Ebay! Going like hotcakes.
                                Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• Elvis
                                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by jim777
                                  They seem to sell a lot higher on eBay... nothing under 500$US.

Didn't the 350$ one on A-gon last only a day or two... gotta be fast on the trigger
                                  Not even one day till sale pending.As to ebay there is no way to explain most any gear on there.They often sell all brands for as much or more than I could buy new from auth dealer.

Comment

• wkhanna
                                    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Jan 2006

Isn't that the truth. I've seen RSP-980's go for $350?!?!?!?

As far as Black vs Silver, from what I have seen in the used market, there tends to be more silver than black, so I think there may more silver in general produced by Rotel, it is more in demand by the new buyer. Just a guess on my part. But pricing on used gear seems to be 10 - 20% lower on all black face front panels.

And that is just fine with me, I prefer black, and got my RSP-1066 for $700 on Audiogon two months ago. Caveat was that I saw the add within an hour after the initial posting. The seller said, after the deal was done, that he had 25+ emails re the add after I responded and felt he may have low balled the asking price. Being the nice guy that I am, I covered his PayPal fee out of kindness for his loss.
                                    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                                    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• jim777
                                      • Mar 2005

Just put up my RCD-1072 in the pawn shop. Can't sell it as low as in the US because it sells new at a much higher price in Canada - but a canadian won't have to pay taxes and customs on it...

Sorry for the cheap plug - I hope the moderator will pardon me

Comment

• Trevor
                                        • May 2005

Thats ok, I never returned the Demo unit within their return policy so I am now the proud owner of the Rotel RCD-1072. I have to return it for a new one when they get one from their vender. I can't wait till I can purchase a newer amp to make my speakers and cd player sing. Maybe when I am done with college and can afford something nicer.
                                        Trevor

Comment

• jim777
                                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Trevor
                                          Thats ok, I never returned the Demo unit within their return policy so I am now the proud owner of the Rotel RCD-1072.
                                          Congrats! :T

Comment

Working...
                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                          Search Result for "|||"