X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnStassi
    • Jun 2006

listener fatigue/rcc1055 vrs rcd1072

Set up is rc1070, RB 1070, Vandersteen 2CE's. Neeed to decide on which CD player to upgrade to (using mass market one now)
    I listen to alot of opera, and I am trying to improve on the harsh top of many CD recordings- the soprano top drills into my ears and fatigue sets in
    I like the idea of the CD changer so I can play a whole opera- BUT would the 1072 single model handle the harsh top better than the 1055? I am wondering where the compromises in the 1055 are in order to sell a changer for the same price as a single player. Any advice? Thanks.
  • n3philim
    • Feb 2004

You can get a tube buffer ... or a tube buffered cd player to fix the glare. The Ah! Njoeb Tjoeb is good. Or you can choose the ModWright models. The Chinese Consonance and Cayin tubed cdps are also pretty good.

Comment

• BTB
      • Jan 2006

Hi John

If smooth, non fatiguing sound is what you're after, here's another vote for the Consonance players... very good US & UK reviews for one model in particular... the CD 120 Linear, non upsampling CD player. Described (by those who've reviewed it) as sounding almost analogue, high praise all round it seems. Google "Consonance CD 120 Linear Stereo Times" for a online US review... that reviewer reckons this Chinese player knocks the Rotel 1072 out of the park. Of course it costs about $300 more than the Rotel...

I use the same amp set up as you do, with a pair of B&W 704's, I'll be trying this particular CD player out home soon (it may well replace my Arcam CD 73T, itself a great player) and also a Consonance "Calaf" (valve/transistor) hybrid integrated amp (which may well replace my current amps).

I've had extended listening sessions with some of their other equipment, a real eye opener to the quality of gear (both sound & build quality) being produced in this part of the world. Well worth checking out if you're prepared to venture into new territory.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"