X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • triDave
    • Dec 2003

Interconnects for RMB-1075 to RSP-1068

Hi,

I need advice to select interconnects between my Rotel RMB-1075 and my forthcomming RSP-1068. My equipment are Rotel RDV 1060 and Monitor Audio GR 60, GRFX, GR Center.

Since I live in Sweden I'm limited to these interconnects:

Nordost Solar Wind
    Qed Qunex 4S
    van den Hul D 102 mkIII
    Monster Cable M-1000i

Which cables would you have picked or which do you use or recommend?

TIA Dave
  • jfinneru
    • Nov 2003

hey. why are you limited to these cables in sweden? I am from norway, and when I connected my gear together ( rsp1098,rb1090,rmb1095) I used the swedish made cable Supra. They make wery good cables. I also changed my speaker cables to supra and benefitted from that. much more control over the bass. And one other thing, the supra cables doesn't empty your wallet like other brands.

brgds joern

moderator norwegian avforum
    brgds joern

moderator norwegian avforum

Comment

• eelco74
      • Dec 2002

Hi,

I have used several interlinks, and I do like the D102MkII a lot. Even the "cheap" BayC5 makes a huge difference with standard cables. The D102 has won varyous awards, so that is a fine choice.

I don't like the monster products. Mostly of the time theay are overpriced.

dont know about the Qued

ps it seems that Supra has some nice new interlinks, tested very well. And a all new shielded powercord.

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
      Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
      Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• triDave
        • Dec 2003

Thanks for the info!

I won't buy SUPRA because I have had bad experienced with them. But thanks for the advice and I have to admit that they give "bang for the bucks", or what you say in english

Anyway, I have been given a deal to buy five used Monster M-1000i rca's for only 200$, should I do that? Or invest in five brand new D102MkII for 290$?

Tia Dave

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Hi,

I have the Van Den Hul 102 III Hybrids between my RSP-1098 and RMB-1075 and RB-1080 and they make a huge difference in terms of detail and clarity. I have tried the Monster Cable and - while I like their sub-woofer cables - the others are overpriced. I think there is a good reason the M-1000i is being sold used cheaply....

You may also want to consider the forum sponsor http://www.catcables.com Lex has some very nice cables as well over in the USA which he ships anywhere.

Geoff

Comment

• DrBoom
            • Dec 2003

Weird, I thought I posted a reply here yesterday, yet I don't see it ? 8O
            Anyway, I use the D102 MkIII as well between my 1098 and 1075, so it appears to be a popular choice
            I bought it because of its reasonable price, good construction and overall positive reviews.

Geoff, I'm getting a Monster MSB1000 subwoofer cable for testing purposes next week.
            Very curious how it's going to perform, it being their top of the line sub cable.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2003

Dr Boom,

Hi, I and some of my HT friends have all bought various models of the Monster Subwoofer cable. Each of them just made a BIG difference to the bass compared to the general purpose RCA cables we had - it was like having a different subwoofer in the house - deeper, more controlled and defined - Just amazing (the only Monster Cables I've really liked). The cables were great to start and got better over a couple of weeks use! I'm sure there are other good sub cables as well (Lex has one people speak highly of on http://www.catcables.com) - but I hope you enjoy the difference!

PS - How did you settle on your speaker cable experiments - the right ones really help the Rotel amps make good speakers sing!

Geoff

Comment

• DrBoom
                • Dec 2003

Geoff,

I'm still working on the speaker cable dilemma
                I'm getting a Monster Z2 bi-wire cable next week for demo (along with the MSB1000), and I'm going to try and get some Van Den Hul speaker cables too, preferably the D352.
                Then I'm going to get my current reference cable again, the Kimber 8TC/4TC bi-wire, and compare that to the Monster and perhaps the VDH.
                And if the dealer will allow it, maybe also the Nordost Solar Wind.
                If I manage to get all those, it's going to be one hell of a busy week
                Took me several days to decide which of the cables I liked best last time I got some for demo.
                And then I was only comparing 2 cables, let alone 4 :roll:
                One thing I know for sure, I'm never going back to standard zipcord again.

Comment

• Cowanrg
                  • Feb 2004

if i could add my 2 cents. (aka my opinion).

i was a monster dealer for some time, and had owned all of their reference stuff (not M though), and i found that some stuff i had laying around (audio reseach, radioshack, etc... from best buy), sounded identical. i could A/B the stuff and not hear which was which. when i A/B'd it with audioquest of synergistic research, it was night and day. i wouldn't bother with the monster stuff myself. ive owned the Z2 for my center channel speaker cable, and it was the WORST dialog ive ever heard come out of it. it was harsh, strained and brittle.

Comment

• krippan
                    • Mar 2003

tridave
                    I got Harmonic Tech interconnects between my 1066/1075

Or check this out http://www.marcuscables.com
                    /krippan

Comment

• Lex
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Apr 2001

Dave, just because you are connecting Rotel gear, doesn't make this a Rotel post. Please post all audio interconnect issues in Audio.

thank you,
                      Admin

Cable Guy DVD Collection
                      Doug
                      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"