Hello everyone! Speakers for my new RmB-1075?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PhilB34
    • Mar 2006

Hello everyone! Speakers for my new RmB-1075?

Hello fellow rotellians!

I have just purchased a RMB-1075 to go with my home cinema system,which currently consists of: Pana plasma,pio ax3(going to use this as a processor),sky+,pana s97 dvd sim2 ht200dm pj.

I currently have a set of canton speakers they are sats but want to upgrade these now I have my Rotel!

Any suggestions for speakers?I was thinking B&W,Monitor Audio and the like.
    Oh I am in sunny south east england as well!

Cheers,

Phil :T
    Last edited by PhilB34; 12 March 2006, 10:20 Sunday.
  • Kobus
    • Aug 2005

Hi, welcome.

What is your budget?
    Do you listen to 2 channel music?

Kobus

Comment

• PhilB34
      • Mar 2006

Hi Kobus!

my budget is 1k I like stuff like the floyd,metallica,green day,u2 quite diverse really!The missus likes ub40!! :E

Although I am primarily a film fan

Comment

• spinners
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by PhilB34
        Hello fellow rotellians!

I have just purchased a RMB-1075 to go with my home cinema system,which currently consists of: Pana plasma,pio ax3(going to use this as a processor),sky+,pana s97 dvd sim2 ht200dm pj.

I currently have a set of canton speakers they are sats but want to upgrade these now I have my Rotel!

Any suggestions for speakers?I was thinking B&W,Monitor Audio and the like.
        Oh I am in sunny south east england as well!

Cheers,

Phil :T
        Hi Phil,

Give Klipsch a listen. I have Klipsch RF15 for fronts, RB25 for surrounds, and RC25 for center. These are very open speakers, they are very detailed.
        Don't be fooled by the size of the small woofers, bass output is real low and thight. Most Rotel owners here will advice B&W's, while I feel B&W's are too warm. I like a more forwarding sound, especially with vocals the Klipsch's
        are very good. This is just my humble opinion, it's all about what YOU like.
        RSX1056, RB1070, RDV1050, RCD 1072, Dali IKON 2, 2x REL Quake II

Comment

• deke
          • Dec 2005

I've had my RMB1075 paired with B&W 602 S2s for quite some time and have enjoyed them. I auditioned Klipsch, but as spinners mentioned, prefered the warmer sound of B&W. Klipsch were on the bright side for my taste. For $1K, perhaps the 603s or 604s. Better yet, you may be able to find a used set of CDM9NTs in that range.

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

I like B&W, Energy, Kef, Paradigm, PSB, Polk, Totem, Vienna Acoustics....

Listen to as many speakers as you can and let your ears and wallet decide from there
            Jason

Comment

• PhilB34
              • Mar 2006

What about M&K would they be any good?

Comment

• skuzzyb
                • Mar 2006

Try listening to some Monitor Audios. With such a tight budget I would take a look at the Bronze series, if you have a little bit more the Silver RS and unreal at that price point. Dollar for dollar some of the best sounding speakers out there with Rotel gear. IMHO

Comment

• stantheman2
                  • Apr 2004

I have B&W 600 series (603 main, LCR6 2 center, 601 surrounds) powered by a Rotel 1075 amp that is < 2 weeks old. I find the sound amazing.

Comment

• gianni
                    • Nov 2002

Originally posted by PhilB34
                    Hi Kobus

Although I am primarily a film fan
                    This is precisely where the M&K's excel. For music alone, many people prefer a different sound. Fortunately, the Rotel gear IMO mates better with M&K than many other lines, especially those with a clinical or bright tendency.

Do a search, there are many go reviews of M&K speakers on the net. In your price range, the K series would probably your best bet.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"