X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jason Brown
    • Jan 2004

RSP-1098 Standby vs. Direct

Hello
    In the last couple of months that I've owned my 1098, I've had a problem occur twice that I can't figure out. Today was the second time that when I went to power on the 1098 with the remote, it wouldn't respond. I then tried the front panel power button with the same results. Both times the remedy was to power off and then back on from the rear panel switch.

In reading the manual for possible solutions, I noticed that I don't understand the difference between direct and standby, and in which case one would be desirable over the other. FWIW, I've had the unit in standby mode since I first set it up.

Can anyone explain to me the differences better than the manual can?

Thanks,
    Jason
  • whmacs
    • Oct 2003

Hi Jason,
    I've seen similar behaviour once before on my RSP-1098. I put in into 'protect mode' by accidently shorting out a set of interconnects on the back (not a smart thing to do, so don't try this at home kids!). It would not power on via the remote or front button until I reset the unit by power cycling it. Maybe you have a short somewhere?

cheers,
    Stephen

My Home Theatre
    My Home Theatre

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"