X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razvan
    • Jan 2002

standby or power off?

I was wondering if you guys leave your RDC-7 on standby or you power it off? Is it better for the unit to be left on standby?

Razvan
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Razvan -

I leave mine in standby unless I am going away (out of town) for extended periods, or we are having hellacious electrical storms in the area (in which case I unplug everything as a safety precaution). Standby keeps critical circuits "warmed up" and "ready-to-go" without drawing a lot of power. Plus it is a heck of a lot more convenient, being remote controlled. :>)

I'm not sure it is really "better" for the unit, but it can't be "worse" for the unit -- they went to a lot of trouble providing the "standby" mode as the default power-down mode via both remote and front panel control. And since "cold" power up is typically the moment that most electronic gear fails due to the initial internal surge of power through the circuits, standby mode means that the unit is seldom subjected to it.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"