X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drsiebling
    • Jan 2006

Rotel Rcd-855

Hey everybody...

I just got my hands on an old Rotel RCD-855 for next to nothing. I've read a lot about the nice sound that this CD player produces. Would the recommendation be to use the analog outputs on this player or the digital coax output?

Thanks!
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Depends on the quality of the DAC in your processor. Best answer is try both and see which one you like.

Kevin D.

Comment

• greenjudas
      • Mar 2005

I have a RCD 865 which I believe was the slightly more expensive model over your one.I am using it with a RSP 1066 pre/pro and prefer to use the analogue.As Kevin pointed out,all depends on what you are using it with.

Comment

• drsiebling
        • Jan 2006

The RCD 855 will be used with an RSX 1056. There seems to be an opinion floating around on the internet that the RCD855 has, despite its age, very nice, musical internal DACs. Obviously, the DACs in the 1056 are fine, but I was curious as to wether the 855 adds something more musical into the mix.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"