• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Welcome to Kevin Dew, our new co-Moderator

Hi,

Let me be the first to welcome Kevin Dew (aka "Kevin D") as the new Co-moderator to Club Rotel... arty:

Kevin has been active on this forum since 2002 making over 700 posts to Club rotel in that time. Most of these posts over the last couple of years have been helping and supporting people and acting as a defacto moderator, so it makes sense to recognise this commitment. :T

Doug, Andrew and I had a long list of potential candidates, but after looking at his track record, Kevin was our first choice and I was very pleased when he accepted this position... :banana:

Geoff
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

Congrats Kevin D, from Kevin G (Miner). Look forward to your integration & control as moderator. Does this pay well?

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

You wouldn't believe how much it pays. :B

Welcome Kevin.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

Welcome aboard Kevin D, from Kevin P. Yes, too many Kevins here. I have the same problem where I work. 8O

The promotion includes a generous 20% pay raise from what you were making before as a member.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Kevin P
          Welcome aboard Kevin D, from Kevin P. Yes, too many Kevins here. I have the same problem where I work. 8O

The promotion includes a generous 20% pay raise from what you were making before as a member.
          You only got a 20% raise?! I got 50% :B :

Congrats Kevin D, If they'd asked me, you're who I would have picked too :T :lol:
          Last edited by aud19; 09 September 2005, 18:57 Friday.
          Jason

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

Congratulations Kevin, nice to have you aboard Club Rotel.

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• soundhound
              • Mar 2004

Congrats Kevin.

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Kevin, you do realize that now that you're a mod, you have to come post in TTP as well right? :lol:

That goes for that no good Azeke too : :B
                Jason

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be doing mostly the same thing I have been doing, just a little more QC and some nicer replies when some people pull me to the edge (or I could just edit their posts now. hmm... )

It was a really nice surprise to get power back and the honor of being asked to be a mod within 24 hours of each other. I should get some of my efficiency back up in the coming weeks. Right now I'm stuck with dial-up on a phone line that seems to go down every 30 minutes or so.

A little background since I'm usually more techy than social. I'm 28 and live in the pine belt of Mississippi, all though we might have to change our name now. I graduated in international business, but I worked at an AV company through college. I liked it so much I'm still doing it. Going on 8 years now I guess. I do pretty much everything from wiring a house, installing, setup, and automation programming. I have fun doing, that's the important part.

We've been Rotel dealers since 2002 and I've been upgrading ever since. Started with an RSP-985, then 1066, then 1098. I've always had the RMB-1095 since day one, but I'm on my fourth one.. I'm eyeing two 1077's, but I'm waiting for Jerry's thoughts before I jump..

Married with one dog. No plans on kids just yet so hopefully I won't have to bow out gracefully like Andrew anytime soon. I also enjoy working on my convertible that never seems to stay in one piece more than a week, but hey, that's fun too.

That's probably the last time I'll go through that, but figured it's an interesting read anyway. We really have one of the best groups of people on the net and I'm sure moderating isn't going to be too tough in here. The 'Club' portion is what makes this great, the 'Rotel' part is just a common theme.

Thanks again,

Kevin D.

Comment

• DrJRapp
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Apr 2003

Congratulations Kevin. It's also good to see that you and yours made it through Katrina relatively unscathed.
                    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Azeke
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by aud19
                      Kevin, you do realize that now that you're a mod, you have to come post in TTP as well right? :lol:

That goes for that no good Azeke too : :B
                      Dude, you're killin' me 8) .

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"