X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joey_V
    • Jul 2005

Rotel RB1090 vs Parasound A21

What do you guys think of this match? Which is the overall better pick?

Both can be had for almost the same on the used market and both seem like solid amps. I like the fact that the 1090 is a dual mono design but I know that the A21 has some meat under that sleek exterior.

I'm trying to power a pair of Martin Logan Vantage speakers.

Thanks!
    Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
    Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
    System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

If weight is not an issue then RB-1090 - has been compared to ampps in the $4-5K range. My amp of choice if my shelf could handle the wt. I just purchased a RB-1092.

Comment

• Kevin97225
      • Oct 2004

They are both nice amps, but I do prefer the Rotel RB-1090 over the A21. I have two RB-1090 and I'm extremely pleased with it. I'm running it with the Rotel RC-1090 and RCD-1072. These amps are HEAVY, close to 100 pounds each. If you don't mind the extra weight, I would recommend the RB-1090. For myself, I really appreciate a good hefty quality weight amp of this sort. :T

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"