X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newtorotel
    • Feb 2006

Help comparing Rotel vs. All others

Hello, I am new to rotel and am just about to purchase a pre/apm with an amplifier. I just bought the B&W 804s for fronts and the HTM3S center and the DS7 surrounds. I have looked into Arcam avp700/ p1000 amp. I have looked into NAD. I have looked into a B&K 507. I have looked into a McIntosh MHT200. Now I am looking into a rotel rmb1068 paired with a 1095amp. Can anybody please give me help as to how rotel matches up against all the others. I am leaning towards the rotel for price/performance. Thanks all for all your help ;x(
    Last edited by newtorotel; 22 February 2006, 01:13 Wednesday.
  • ProStereo
    • Nov 2004

Rotel will do you very well and get you where you want.

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

You will need at least 200w/ch to really make those 804s sing. I have 130w/ch (RB-1070) and am looking to upgrade my amp.

Comment

• htsteve
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

1080 and 1075

newtorotel,

I have 804's, HTM1 and 705 (surround). I have a 1080 and 1095 as well as a 1068 pre. The 1080 is on the 804's. Very nice combination. The 1080 is superior to the two 'main' channels of the 1095. Better bass performance, more datailed and deeper soundstage. The 1095 powers my center, rears and a second zone. The overall performance is excellent. I auditioned others before purchasing the Rotel. The only one on your list I auditioned was the B&K. I've always been pleased by the price/performance of Rotel products.

For the price of a 1095, you could get a 1080 and a 1075. If you want to jump up in price a little, you could get the 1077, 7 channel digital amp from Rotel (there are other threads on the 1077 in this forum ). Hope this helps.

Comment

• jorgjean
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by newtorotel
          Hello, I am new to rotel and am just about to purchase a pre/apm with an amplifier. I just bought the B&W 804s for fronts and the HTM3S center and the DS7 surrounds. I have looked into Arcam avp700/ p1000 amp. I have looked into NAD. I have looked into a B&K 507. I have looked into a McIntosh MHT200. Now I am looking into a rotel rmb1068 paired with a 1095amp. Can anybody please give me help as to how rotel matches up against all the others. I am leaning towards the rotel for price/performance. Thanks all for all your help ;x(
          The AVP700 is fine. I am using it. I would definitely go into bi-amping the front speakers with 2 channel amplifiers. Wether you choose Rotel of Arcam is a matter of taste, not of quality. They sound different. Arcam: Fuller, bigger, more bass, more drive. Rotel: More detailed, clearer, more 3-dimensional, but thinner and with less punch.

If you have the possibility I would hear and let your ear decide, not facts and figures and names.

Comment

• Tamas
            • Jan 2006

I have an Arcam AVP700, mated with an RMB1075 - they sound "fine" together. I would say they are a good match.

Comment

• spkerguy
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Tamas
              I have an Arcam AVP700, mated with an RMB1075 - they sound "fine" together. I would say they are a good match.
              I'm between the 1068 annd the AVP700. Just out of curiosity what made you choose the arcam over the rotel? I'm currently using a lexicon DC-1 right now and am thinking of going to the rotel or arcam since 2 of my inputs are blown.

Thanks,

Ken

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"