Why is Rotel comparing its CD player with a DVD player?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiojunky
    • Mar 2006

Why is Rotel comparing its CD player with a DVD player?

I noticed this on the Rotel website ...

The RCD-1072 proves conclusively that cost-conscious high performance in a single disc CD player is still available – and still outperforming many so-called “audiophile” DVD players.

The RCD-1072 proves conclusively that cost-conscious high performance in a single disc CD player is still available – and still outperforming many so-called “audiophile” DVD players.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Could be a typo, but probably gunning for the high-end 'every-format' DVD players touting that you can now replace your CD player.

Kevin D.

Comment

• gianni
      • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Kevin D
      Could be a typo, but probably gunning for the high-end 'every-format' DVD players touting that you can now replace your CD player.

Kevin D.
      Yes, I would agree with this. My guess that the Arcam DVD players that got such good remarks for CD playback being amongst this group.

Comment

• Clepto
        • Feb 2006

Many people prefer a single disc player for their audio and video, especially since a 'DVD' player is generally needed for DVD-A.

Personally, I would prefer a music player, that handles CD, DVD-A, and SACD, and a separate video player. All in one is nice, but it's not dissimlar to a components vs receiver type situation.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Clepto
          Many people prefer a single disc player for their audio and video, especially since a 'DVD' player is generally needed for DVD-A.

Personally, I would prefer a music player, that handles CD, DVD-A, and SACD, and a separate video player. All in one is nice, but it's not dissimlar to a components vs receiver type situation.
          Ooooh I wish I could find one of those too!!!! :P Maybe something will come along after the new HD formats have established themselves to take advantage of any high-res audio on those formats as well :yesnod:
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"