help new speakers for my rotel rb-970bx?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ean
    • Feb 2006

help new speakers for my rotel rb-970bx?

iam currently running 2 rotel rb-970bx bridged with a yamaha dsp e800 and a pioneer dvd d-533k and for my cd i use optical from the dvd to a musical fidelity dac iam running slinky links and as far as speakers go i have kef rears with a polk audio front and solid state audio sub and at the mo iam running 70's/80's/ kefs i have been wanting to upgrade my front spreakers for some time and i am always concerned as i have been told the best way to go is english made ?? and i do like the castle speakers but i think at the mo i wouldnt get the best ones for the money i want to spend does anyone have any suggestions ? ?
    Last edited by ean; 18 February 2006, 09:20 Saturday. Reason: i am new
  • ean
    • Feb 2006

i also just wanted to say hello as i am a new member i hope the other parts of my system i.e yamaha etc dont keep me out of the rotel club as i have a sleek looking system which i think the rotels = 95% of it thanks and any help is most welcome and i am gratefull ean

Comment

• gd
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ean
      best ones for the money i want to spend
      Welcome.

So, how much money is that, exactly?

You might consider running your Rotels unbridged to the fronts and rears, with your Yamaha running the center... bridging amps tends to introduce distortion.

All of which will be a factor in speaker recommendations.

Originally posted by ean
      solid state audio sub
      What make?
      greg (gd to you)
      Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
      production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Joey_V
        • Jul 2005

How much you looking to spend?

Welcome fellow Rotel-ian!!!
        Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
        Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
        System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• ean
          • Feb 2006

how much

aah i guesss around and prob up $1200 which seems a not bad amount i was thinking about getting bookshelf and then later when i can aford more. use them as rears and the sub is solid solutions pb 100 oops thanks 8O

Comment

• Joey_V
            • Jul 2005

I say for 1200$.

Used 805N
            Used 705
            Brand New Polk LSi9
            Used Paradigm Sig4
            Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
            Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
            System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• gd
              • Jan 2003

Assuming you want to leave your system configured as is, and keep the sub (with which I'm totally unfamiliar) -- I guess you're strictly seeking suggestions for fronts.

In which case, I'd strongly recommend you grab some CDs, hit the stores, and do some auditioning... many British speakers are fine, but there are lots of topnotch speaker mfr's out there... and sound characteristics vary greatly, as do listening preferences.

For starters, however, Monitor Audio is a great line of speakers with a British pedigree... but Totem, NHT, Canton are worth hearing too... lotsa choices... for that budget, you should get a very credible pair of bookshelves -- let your sub handle the bottom.
              greg (gd to you)
              Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
              production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• ean
                • Feb 2006

tannoy or wharfedale

what do you think of these speakers wharfedale 8.3/valdus 400 and the tannoy mercury m3 i have personaly always liked the tannoy and i guess thats what a lot of it is about also i have been looking at energy,mordaunt short and jamo e855 i hope these questions are a tad anouying but wisdom is best shared thanks for all your help so far ;x(

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"