X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonLeach
    • Sep 2003

RSP 1066 buzz on multi input

Hi Everyone,
    i have been playing around trying to get the best stereo sound out of my system. i have a 1066, 1080 stereo front. 2x 981's, meridian 602/606 CD/DAC. Dynaudio 42 speakers. i want the best sound via the DAC and it seems to be when using the multi input. the problem is when i just plug the stereo out from my DAC the centre and rears buzz, quite loudly. turn off the multi input and they are ok.

could i terminate them from the DVD, i have a non DVDA player with a analogue 5.1 out. would this cause issues. the DAC also runs the Squeeze box and DVD (on PMC tracks only)

any thoughts

Jon
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

have you tried some different cables perhaps...? Are you using any adapters etc in the mix that might not be making a clean connection?

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Has your unit had the BM fix applied to it? If it hasn't you might want to do that and then run your DAC into the CD's analog inputs. Jason's suggestion on different cables is a good one as well just to rule out that possibility.

Comment

• JonLeach
        • Sep 2003

Thanks for the replies, it can't be the cables as they work fine for the CD input and its the non connected sockets that are buzzing,

i havn't done the BM fix, didn't think it was needed on my 1066, i have browsed some of the other threads ans it appears that the CD input in stereo is true analog. i wonder why i find the multi input a better sound?

should i do the BM fix anyway?

Jon

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"