X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonesy
    • Feb 2003

Quick question for pre/pro owners

Still looking for a pre/pro (more time than money). I currently have the Outlaw 950 and am somewhat annoyed at the long (3-5 seconds) delay in locking onto a signal. I also liked the B&K ref 50, but recently listened to it during a speaker audition and noticed the rather loud internal clicking and speaker pops when changing inputs.

How do the Rotel processors stack up regarding these issues? Both the 1066 and 1098. This may seem like trivial issues compared to sound quality and features but they are real world issues. Any input from current owners would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Hi,

Re your questions. I have the RSP 1098 and:
    • Signnal lock on is unnoticeably quick - even for HDCD disks etc.
    • There are no speaker pops ever
    • You do get quiet internal clicking in the unit (relays activating) as it switches between sources or modes (DTS, DD etc).

I've used a RSP 1066 (but not for long) from memory the signal lock on was a little longer for HDCD (enough to annoy one Club Rotel member from memory) but fine for DTS and DD and again no speaker pops etc. I hope this helps.

PS - There are some older posts here and in http://www.hometheaterforum.com from people who have upgraded from the Outlaw 950 to the Rotel or other higher end (Anthem etc) pre-processors - From memory none of them regretted it...

Geoff Costello

Comment

• Jonesy
      • Feb 2003

Thanks. That is encouraging! Now I'm caught in the same dilema as many others; bargain 1066, or wait for the 1068, or jump high to the 1098 (that third cimponent input on the 1068 is tempting).

Comment

• Scarp
        • Mar 2003

I had both the 1066 en 1098 and neither had big problems with signal lock on. The 1098 was a bit quicker than the 1066. The 1066 was always quicker than 3 seconds.

Since the 1068 will get much of the 1098's technology I would definitly wait and go see about the 1068.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Scarp
          Since the 1068 will get much of the 1098's technology I would definitly wait and go see about the 1068.
          Ditto

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"