Fosgate FAP T1, and Outlaw 950 similarities ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Santos
    • Mar 2001

Fosgate FAP T1, and Outlaw 950 similarities ?

I was looking at a for sale ad on Audiogon for a Fosgate FAP-T1 Pre/Pro.
    I hit the info link to the Fosgate website. I elnlarged the photo of the front panel to have a closer look, and I found myself looking at the Outlaw 950 menu in the nice front panel display. So with my curiousity now in gear I downloaded the owners manual. As it turns out the remote is identical to the Outlaw's except ofcourse it say's Fosgate on it. Also all the sub menu's, and other onscreen display's are the same as well.. Pretty interesting.
    I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this before, but I was pretty surprized at what I saw.
    Please tell me that the Fosgate isn't a Outlaw 950 with a frontpanel screen, and $2100 added to the price tag.
    Maybe they just happen to use the same manufacturing plant, and that is the plants standard remote, and menu?
  • Bruce
    • Aug 2000

IIRC, they did change some components, but the product was based on the same platform as the Outlaw 950 from the same Asian "EastTech" technology firm.

I'm not sure about the NEW just released or soon to be released FAP T1+ though, haven't spent enough time researching it yet.
    Last edited by Bruce; 26 June 2004, 11:40 Saturday.
    Bruce

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Hmmmm, interesting. I'm sure this won't go over well with a few people.
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• GRCRYSTYK
        • Mar 2004

Well guys,..
        You are right,..I will toss out a bit or two here.

I haven't been a member long, been a reader for a long time, but not a posting member untill a while back. So hello,...

I don't catalog a lot of things like some folks do, but if I can find it, there is quite a good read posted by the folks at from Fosgate on another forum. The same info is in a couple profesional reviews as well,....

The FAP T1 is based on the same platform as the Outlaw, as is the Sherbourn unit, and one other that I have read about. All have a higher MSRP than the Outlaw, but for good reason,....Not only do they sell retail, but there are varying degrees of differences in each case. The Fosgate being the furthest from the tree. Major component differences are the key. Non of the units are clones. There is an article titled Attack of the Clones in one of the major publications discussing this very thing.

So rest assured, the units are not clones, and all have their own personalities.

Just a side note,.....I recently spoke with the product manager at Fosgate. The FAP T1+ is about to be released in deed, a few weeks yet, but it is a completely new design, from the ground up. Not a couple new buttons and a new name. From what I have learned, if you like the Fosgate products, and the T1 now,...The T1+ is going to be a killer. Trade up deal to boot.

I might add as well,...In my experience with Fosgate,...you can'r beat their service either. Absolutly stellar,....

GRCRY,...>>>--->

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

GRCRYSTYK,

Welcome to the Guide.

Glad to see ya posting.And thanks for sharing the info.

That makes me feel a little better about the unit. I've been a Fosgate fan for awhile. And still own and use a few of their 1st company products. They are very well built. And I enjoy their sound.
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Hi Kevin, welcome to The Guide! :welcome:

That's good info - thanks.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• GRCRYSTYK
              • Mar 2004

Thanks for the welcome guys,..Thought I would pop back in to see if there were any requests for the copy I mentioned. Hadn't had a chance to look it up, but I think if I give it any effort, I can find it pretty quick.
              GRCRY,....>>--->

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"