X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Classe CA 2100 w/ RSX 1067

I am considering upgrading my 2 channel stereo listening and was wondering if I could somehow connect a classe ca 2100 to my rsx 1067 for 2 channel only and will still want to use my 1067 for 5.1.

if i did this would the classe always power the to front mains even durring 5.1 listening? would that be bad?

Would it be easy to navigate with a remote to do this? This has to be wife proof for me to do it.
  • grit
    • Jan 2005

I'm not an expert (and don't know anything about the 1067, I have the 1068), but even if the 1067 has a zone 2 function, I think you MUST be using separate speakers. So, if you have 7 speakers total (5.1 for HT and 2 extra for music), you MAY be able to do it.

Your next option is to run the front 2 speakers off the Classe (an excellent amp btw) and your center and surrounds off the Rotel, but I think yer gonna cry a little bit when you watch a movie due to the mismatching. If you can possibly do it, I'd get a Classe 3100 (do that make that?) and run the front 3 off the Classe, and the rears off the 1067.

Look through the 1067 manual and see if there's pre-outs for the channels.

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

so if I plug the preouts from the rsx 1067 to the Classe then the classe wll be used for what ever signal gets sent to the mains be it from 5.1, or 2 channel? I can then have my rotel control the centre and the surrounds? will that sound strange when watching movies?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

You are mostly going to hear the difference on front pans, the fronts will sound different then the center. If Classe has a 3 channel amp I would look at that.

Of course with the 12v triggers, you *COULD* get a 12v controlled amp switcher and only have the Classe on (and 1067 fronts off) when on the CD input...

Kevin D.

Comment

• grit
          • Jan 2005

Yeah, I think it'll sound strage. But we all have different opinions and not everyone enjoys the same sound. Again, I'd aim for the Classe 3100 (3-channel amp) and run the front 3 speakers off that. You'll notice imaging differences less from front to back than you will left to right.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"