X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alpha231
    • May 2008

Which 800 series pair best with the Classe CAP-2100

Looking to upgrade my existing speakers. I want to pick up a pair of 800 series speakers. What is the most the little Classe CAP-2100 can push? I'm looking at either a pair of 805s or 804s.
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

The CAP-2100 will drive any of the 800 Series to a point. If you are looking for a "best fit" overall then either the 805S or the 804S will do. 803S and beyond you'll want to start looking at the more powerful CA-2200 for peace of mind.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

I somewhat disagree with RebleMan on this one. I'd say the 803D is the tipping point in the 800 Series. Anything below that will work great with the CAP-2100. The 803D takes a bigger amplifier to keep the bass under control than anything below it.

Eric

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by hifiguymi
        I somewhat disagree with RebleMan on this one. I'd say the 803D is the tipping point in the 800 Series. Anything below that will work great with the CAP-2100. The 803D takes a bigger amplifier to keep the bass under control than anything below it.Eric
        It is all a question of taste, I used the CA2100 for 802D and to be honest they sounded very good, I set up cross over at 80HZ and let the JL Audio Fathom F113 take the deep end.

It is true that the CA-5200 gave them a bit more power but really I would need to go to 5 CAM-400 or Electrocompaniet Nemo 600 to really hear the difference!! Remember it is a logarithmic scale rather than linear.
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• RebelMan
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by hifiguymi
          I somewhat disagree with RebleMan on this one.
          Depends on the assumptions, mine were conservative. :B
          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"