X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fordster
    • Feb 2005

RDV-1060 overheating?

Had a long session with my RDV-1060 and RSX-1056 yesterday. After a few hours of playing CD's I watched a couple of movies. On both discs the RDV-1060 froze at what I'm guessing was the layer change. It then continued a few seconds further into the movie. The player is normally okay so I'm thinking it may be overheating? The player and amp sit in a TV cabinet so are not that well ventilated. There is probaly only 2 or 3 inches clearance above the player and a little less than this either side. The cabinet has a back on so there's not much airflow. I put my hand into the cabinet and the top of the player did feel very warm. I don't normally get much time to use the system for a long period of time so this is the first time it's been run that long. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
    Dave
  • Mouton
    • Sep 2005

Take your Rotel equipment out off the cabinet the next time you have the time to enjoy your system for a few hours and see if the problem persists. Some DVDs are not mastered in the best of ways and can result in a noticeable layer change.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"