X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lazermike
    • Jul 2003

991 Running Warm

I recently added an older 991 amp, and I have noticed that it runs much warmer than the 1075. It seems to work perfectly, but Im concerned that in the long run it might damage itself or some other nearby equipment. Im planning on changing out the stock zip power cord for an IEC outlet, and much improved power cord. I dont know if that wil do anything for the heat situation, but Im sure it will give it even better sound characteristics.
    Does anyone have a take on this, or should I not worry, as in, if it aint broke, dont fix it.
    Thanks,
    Mike
  • luszer
    • Feb 2003

My 991 runs warmer than my 1075. Orginally I thought b/c I was only utilizing 3 channels on the 1075 However recently I pulled my 991 and incorporated it into my dedicated 2 channel system, still the 991 runs warmer than the 1075 with all 5 channels driven Also, upgraded the PC of the 991, much better sounding, tighter faster bass, wider soundstage and more air but this not cool things

Good listening
    Ron

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"