X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drsiebling
    • Jan 2006

Rotel 1056 NEW OWNER!

Hello everybody!

I just pulled the trigger on a slightly used 1056. I want to thank everyone on this board for providing tons of useful information toward making this purchase. Needless to say, I'm very excited about the upgrade from my current receiver, a Pioneer Elite VSX-34TX.

The receiver should arrive by Friday. Any advice for a first time Rotel owner during the setup process? I'm slightly concerned about the hissing problem and would also like to immediately upgrade the firmware. Is that a difficult process?

Thanks again, everybody!

-Ben Williams
  • SQconstable
    • Mar 2005

I wouldn't worry too much about the hiss if it's very quiet.. some people may have had overly excited hissing from their Rotel and it may be a problem in a few.

There is a more annoying problem with some Rotel amps (my 1067 has it) and it's a buzzing/humming that you can hear quietly through the speakers, even if nothing else is connected to the amp. Please let us know if you hear this, even slightly.

The firmware is supposedly easy to upgrade if you have a serial port on your laptop. If not, ya gotta either move the heavy Rotel to your PC or vice versa. Just don't do firmware upgrades during a lightning storm when the unit could lose power - that makes many firmware chips go bad instantly and the amp wont load internal parameters when turning it back on.

You get a good deal?

Comment

• drsiebling
      • Jan 2006

I got a great deal (I think!). $930 including shipping for a black model that has seen less than 100 hours of use. Will Rotel honor the warranty since I bought it used?

Comment

• SQconstable
        • Mar 2005

That's what I myself am trying to figure out.. I'm wanting to get a demo unit from my local store since NEW units coming from Rotel aren't working properly. You could always email Rotel and see. Yeah that's a great deal if it has no problems.

Comment

• drsiebling
          • Jan 2006

I just checked in with Rotel and they will not honor a warranty on used gear. I imagine that if you still have the warranty card, then you can still take advantage of the warranty. As far as a dealer demo is concerned, I would assume that it would be under full warranty.
          Last edited by drsiebling; 31 January 2006, 15:28 Tuesday.

Comment

• miner
            • Mar 2005

Dealer demo would be covered under full warranty - not a second-owner used model though UNLESS warranty card was not sent in by original owner.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"