X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scherr
    • Dec 2003

Rotel 1056 details

From Rotel through this link at HTF:

We discuss and review all genre of movies, all types of home theater hardware, and maintain one of the longest running active forums on the web!

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Robert,

Thank you for your email and I apologize for the delay in response. We have just released information regarding our new replacement products for 2004.

The RSX-1055 will be replaced with the RSX-1056, which will receive technologies from our flagship RSP-1098 including advance speaker bass management, channel equalization, independent crossover adjustments for each channel, second zone video, assignable 12 volt triggers, video transcoding, three HD component video inputs, audio video syncing, turn on volume and max volume defaults and more. Amplification rating will remain at 75 watts x 5. Retail will remain at $1300.

Additionally, we are releasing a 100 watt x 7 channel receiver, the RSX-1067, which will retail for $2200. The RSX-1067 receiver also includes all of the features mentioned above.

Regards,
    Amy Dattilo
    Rotel of America

Scott
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Thanks Scherr, the more information we get, the better off we are

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Leef DaLucky
      • May 2003

Video Transcoding
      wuz dat?
      any relation to video upconversion?

L.

-----------------------------------
      "Some days yer the Dog, others yer the Hydrant."
      "...Because Good is Dumb...!"
      -Dark Helmet

Comment

• Ossi
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Leef Dalucky
        Video Transcoding
        wuz dat?
        any relation to video upconversion?

L.
        Transcoding should mean in both directions. So not only up - but also downconversion.
        However I must say that I am very pleased with the feature block included. Not because i am interested in this receiver, but as my logic says that all the neu products will share the same DSP board, those features will also be included in the RSP 1068. And that could be interesting as the one thing I really liked about the 1098 is the Bassmanagement. This high flexebility is what I am missing right now with my equipment so maybe the wind is changing direction in my HT.

Comment

• jameswatson3
          • Jan 2004

Does anyone have a pic of the 1056? The press release in another thread for the 1056/1067 only had a pic of the 1067. I realize the difference is only likely to be minor, but isn't there a wider screen on front at least? I'd just like to see it.

Also, could someone explain a little more what is meant by "channel equalization" for the benefit of us new to Rotel products?

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Most likely independent delays on every channel, instead of only the sub and some delay on the rears like we have now..

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"