X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indyluke
    • Nov 2003

RSX 1065 & RF7s?

My 1065 sounds good for movies but for 2 channel listening the sound is lifeless unless the volume is very high with my RF 7s. I do not have a sub . I am ready to upgrade and was wondering how much difference an additional amp would make. Also, would a good sub help the 1065 drive the RF 7s. CD player is the Rotel 1070. Movies 10% 2 channel 90%. Are Rotel & Klipsch just not a good match. Any adivse would be appreciated.
    indyluke

May the audio force be with you.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Adding a sub will help the 1065 drive the RF7's since you will no longer be needed so much power for the bass frequencies on them.

A lot of people use Rotel with Klipsh, do a search and you will see people love the combo. I think most with RF7's feel they need an RB-1080 to get the most out of them.

Kevin D.

Comment

• tech_table
      • Jan 2006

I had 1068/1095 using to drive my old classic KLF-10, they sound not bad at all, much more powerful, compared to my old DENON receiver used to drive it, I think you may need an RB-1080 like "Kevin D" said, it would do the job, either that or a sub, But I preferred, a stronger amp, than a sub, when listening to 2ch, it sound better, than with a sub, but, it's up to you, everyone has a different taste.

Comment

• indyluke
        • Nov 2003

How much difference would it be to get the RB 1080 for 2 channel along with the 1065 for movies or get the RMB 1095 for 200 x 5 for everything. Also, how much difference between the RB 1080 & the RB 1090 for 2 channel. I want this upgrade to last and sound good.
        indyluke

Comment

• DrJRapp
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by indyluke
          How much difference would it be to get the RB 1080 for 2 channel along with the 1065 for movies or get the RMB 1095 for 200 x 5 for everything. Also, how much difference between the RB 1080 & the RB 1090 for 2 channel. I want this upgrade to last and sound good.
          The RF7s are a real oxymoron, enormously efficient, yet, enormously appreciative of good clean power and lots of it. I went from the 130 wpc of an RMB 1075 (logic says that should be plenty for a speaker with 102 dbw efficiency...right? WRONG) to the 200 wpc rb 1080 (for FR & FL) and noticed a nice difference.... then to a 350 wpc Aragon 3005 (roughly equivalent to an RB 1090 output) and THEN the 7s truely lit up. I found they could produce low low clean bass that will rival some of the best towers out there.
          Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• indyluke
            • Nov 2003

Nice info Dr J, I definitely want the RF7s to kick some B*tt since the wife has given her approval on any upgrade. If I get a powerhouse like the RB 1090 or Aragon 3005, would a sub be that noticable with movies? When running such a big amp for FR & FL would I have to turn up the levels of the Center & Surrounds since they would be powered by the 1065. Also, what is a good price on each amp? I have dealers for both amps which one do you like the best? Thanks
            indyluke

Comment

• mpeak
              • Jan 2005

I'm now running Klipsch RF-7 and Rotel RB-1090/RC-1090 combo, and all I can
              say is WOW, stunning beyond belief! I'm extremely happy I've made this
              purchase combo. Nothing I have ever had to date has sounded this good.
              The RF-7's have some extreme power and the Rotel RB-1090 is as great as
              the reviews I've read on the internet and mags.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"