X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frisco64
    • Jan 2006

Sonic Difference

I may connect an RB-1070 Amp to my Rotel RX-1052. Will I notice more transparency in the sound? My dealer has told me that the RB-1070 would not provide much more power. I kind of find it hard to believe because thats an additional 30 watts.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Going to a 1070 will give you a better sound (subject to your ears), but stepping up just 30 watts will not make it go much louder or more dynamic.

Honestly to get a substantial improvement, I would start looking at a RB-1080.

Kevin D.

Comment

• frisco64
      • Jan 2006

Thanks

Kevin,

Thats exactly what my dealer recommended. I had no idea I would get this involved in the sound. The 1052 powers my Stratus Mini's quite well. I can tell the Mini's would sound even better with more power. Should I just sell the 1052 and go seperates? Money would be an issue right now. One thing I have noticed about the 1052 is that it doesn't sound like a receiver.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"