In need of help setting up a Yamaha receiver to use as a preamp for my RMB-1095.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BKSinAZ
    • Feb 2003

In need of help setting up a Yamaha receiver to use as a preamp for my RMB-1095.

I am getting no sound out of this amp. Can someone tell me how to hookup my Yamaha RXV-2095 as a preamp to my Rotel RMB-1095?
  • griddall
    • Aug 2003

I used to use my RXV-995 as a pre-amp to an RMB-1075 so it should be similar. Just take the 5 pre-out lines from the 2095 and connect them to the RCA inputs of the 1095. For the RXV-995, thats all I had to do. The 995 doesn't have a 12 volt trigger, so I had to make sure the trigger on the AMP was disabled. The only other thing to check (cause I almost did this) is make sure you are using the preamp outputs and not the 6 analog inputs ops: ). Let us know how you make out.

Gil Riddall
    Gil Riddall

Comment

• george king
      • Dec 2000

I have the exact same setup as Griddall, and he nailed it spot on, as usual. Really, just make sure the 12 V trigger is off, and that you are using the preamp outputs to the amp, and not the 5.1 channel inputs.

Here is link to a picture of the area you want to use in connecting to the amp.

Comment

• ht_addict
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by BKSinAZ
        I am getting no sound out of this amp. Can someone tell me how to hookup my Yamaha RXV-2095 as a preamp to my Rotel RMB-1095?
        Just follow what the previous two posts have said. You'll be in heaven when you hear what it can do. Have you had any problem with the dread BUZZ or HUM?

ht_addict

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Also make sure you are on the 5.1 out, not the 5.1 in.. I've hooked a sub to the sub in plenty of times before...

Kevin D.

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by ht_addict
            Have you had any problem with the dread BUZZ or HUM?
            Well he did say he was getting no sound out of the amp ..lol

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
            Jason

Comment

• BKSinAZ
              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by griddall
              I used to use my RXV-995 as a pre-amp to an RMB-1075 so it should be similar. Just take the 5 pre-out lines from the 2095 and connect them to the RCA inputs of the 1095. For the RXV-995, thats all I had to do. The 995 doesn't have a 12 volt trigger, so I had to make sure the trigger on the AMP was disabled. The only other thing to check (cause I almost did this) is make sure you are using the preamp outputs and not the 6 analog inputs ops: ). Let us know how you make out.
              Why should the 12 volt trigger be left off? To better understand the answer, can you also tell me what the 12 volt trigger is for and what it does? :?:

Comment

• griddall
                • Aug 2003

The 12V Trigger acts as a control wire for tturning on the AMP. When in use, the AMP will turn on when it senses 12V at the trigger input, and it turns off when the voltage disappears. This allows you to leave the master power switch on the amp ON and use the 12V trigger from the preamp to turn the amp on and off. If the 1095 is similar to the 1075, then the light on the front of the amp stays on even when in the off state, but when it turns on, you'll hear the relays click on, and 2-3 seconds after it shuts off, you'll hear the relays again. Hope this helps. BTW, if you plug a 12VDC adapter (wall wart) into a 'switched' plug on the back of the Yamaha, you can make your own 12V trigger.

Gil Riddall
                Gil Riddall

Comment

• BKSinAZ
                  • Feb 2003

Originally posted by griddall
                  The 12V Trigger acts as a control wire for tturning on the AMP. When in use, the AMP will turn on when it senses 12V at the trigger input, and it turns off when the voltage disappears. This allows you to leave the master power switch on the amp ON and use the 12V trigger from the preamp to turn the amp on and off. If the 1095 is similar to the 1075, then the light on the front of the amp stays on even when in the off state, but when it turns on, you'll hear the relays click on, and 2-3 seconds after it shuts off, you'll hear the relays again. Hope this helps. BTW, if you plug a 12VDC adapter (wall wart) into a 'switched' plug on the back of the Yamaha, you can make your own 12V trigger.
                  Thanks for the explaination, but you did not advise me why I should leave the 12 volt trigger off when using my Yamaha 2095 as a preamp. Please advise me on that?

I also have one additional question. I read the Rotel user manual about the 12 volt trigger. The manual suggest that with the trigger off, It cuts power to the amp. Is this true...I mean can the amp turn on with the trigger off or am I slightly confused?

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"