X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adrian Smith
    • Jun 2004

RDV-1060/1050/1080 advice

Any recommendations as to which Rotel DVD player to get would be appreciated. I have not even got my 1098/1075 yet but I want to match my system with a DVD player.
    Aussie Geoff any info you can give me would be appreciated as I am unable to find prices for the 1050 in Aus. I can get the 1060 for $950(aus) is this a fair price? and will I see much benefit in spending double the $ for a 1080.
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Adrian,

The RDV-1080 is superceded by the RDV-1060 and is no longer manufactured by Rotel - any that you see for sale in Aussie will be older stock (demos etc). I wouldn't buy one unless really cheap... (for example I have seen them marked down from $2,059 to $640 new at the moment at www.sbhifi.com.au in Melbourne)

The RDV-1050 is just about to be released in australia and is a small step down in quality from the RDV-1060 - mostly affecting the rear surround channels.

Aussie retail on the RDV-1060 has dropped from a list when it first came out of $1599 to $1299 - so $939 is good price.

If you are into DVD-A etc I'd pay the extra for the RDV-1060.... In theory people round Australia have just got stock of the RDV-1060 in after being out of stock for around a month - so you should get a new build. This is good as the first few months build had older firmware and the new ones (last few months) are also a little quieter mechanically.

Geoff
    Last edited by Aussie Geoff; 27 June 2004, 06:45 Sunday.

Comment

• Adrian Smith
      • Jun 2004

Aussie Geoff
      Thanks, exactly what I needed to know.
      I was hunting around the Aus hifi sites and most still have the 1080 over $2000 so I wasn't sure about current models etc. I will be up at my local dealer during the week to take the 1060 for a spin and see if he will match the dealer in Mel.
      Thanks for the info,

Adrian

Comment

• Electra
        • Jun 2004

The RDV 1060 is a great player,but it is sad that it wonte play SACD.
        Regards from Norway.
        Stian

Comment

• steven_braith
          • May 2004

I've been patiently waiting for the RDV-1050 in Oz since Jan 04. I'm informed that the first shipment arrives next week (1st week July). The price is undetermined, but expected around $1000 AU.
          If you are in Sydney then give Steve a call at www.basementhifi.com.au (website currently down) he's located inside (at the rear) of Retrovision on York St. Haggle him and tell him Steven from Canberra sent you....there that's just saved you at least $150.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"