Upgrade RSP-1068 to RSP-1098, Is it worth it ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tech_table
    • Jan 2006

Upgrade RSP-1068 to RSP-1098, Is it worth it ?

Is it worth it to make a switch from 1068 to 1098 ? Any advice would much appreciated.
    Last edited by tech_table; 23 January 2006, 07:33 Monday.
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

My best advice is to keep the one that sounds better. If you have the extra cash and it makes a difference in your system, go for it. the rsp1068 is nice but the 98 is flagship

Comment

• tech_table
      • Jan 2006

Well, for some reason, I like the sound of the 1068, and the use of its front panel, but front of 1098 got a killer look. Also, I may, stick with the 1068, and invest in speaker cable and a set of interconnect cable for listening to music, I like the bypass mode in 1068 than the 1098.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

I concur, you should take a listen for yourself and make that determination. Perhaps you should consider upgrading your amp(s) instead of considering the 1098, esp if you don't need the LCD also the modules are not currently upgradeable. Just my $0.02.

Good luck on your decision,

Azeke

Comment

• Fishy
          • Jul 2004

I would hold off until Rotel release the replacement for the 1098, which should be some time this year.

I really do not that the differences between the two would be strong enough to replace the 68 with the 98 at present.

Fish

Comment

• lmib
            • Jul 2004

Hi Tech,

it depends on the speakers and the amps. I would say that the difference between 1068 and 1098 isn't that big, but an upgrade in speakers or/and amp would probably bring more effect for your soundstage.

Before the replacement of the 1098 isn't out, I wouldn't upgrade your processor. When it comes out and you do not like the new one ore do not need the extra features, than you can get a big discount on the 1098. That's what I did, when decided between 1055 and 1056 one and half a year ago.

No need to hurry, with such a nice processor like the 1068.

CiaĆ³ lmib
            Last edited by lmib; 08 February 2006, 03:07 Wednesday.
            lmib

Comment

• tech_table
              • Jan 2006

Well, I did test both 1068/1098 last night, just borrowed the 1098 from the local dealer on Saturday, got them both side by side, both using the same 1095 that I got, same vol, song and setting, the only different between them, that I know, is the 1068 got a little more bass and a little louder, than the 1098. Other than that, I think the look of the 1098 suck me in. I think, I should stay with 1068. Thanks so much for the suggestions guys.

Tech Table,

Comment

• lvhung
                • Jun 2005

1098 has killer look I doubt it

Comment

• tech_table
                  • Jan 2006

well, not the 1098 anymore. For now, I just throw the money toward speaker cables & interconnect cables = $2800 last week, plus got to get me either a Velodyne DD-15 $3000 or DD-18 $4000 subwoofer sometime this week too. Damn what an insane hobbie $$$$. lol.... 8O 8)

PS: lvhung, Which part of Vietnam are you in ???

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"