Info about the new Rotel picture box for 1068 and 1098?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • labbetuss50
    • May 2005

Info about the new Rotel picture box for 1068 and 1098?

Hello!

I've heard some rumors about an external picture box for 1068 and 1098. It supports HDMI/DVi and so on (after what I've heard). Are there anyone that has any detailed or more detailed information about this box? 8) Can It convert from Component to HDMI and so on?

Thank you!

Regards

KML
    Friendly regards

KML

Klipsch RF-7, RF-5, RC-7, Rotel RSP-1068, RB-1090, RMB-1095, Marantz SA-15, Marantz DV-9600, Panasonic PT-AE700, Adeo, Monster, Kimber, Nordost, PM Audio, Bettercables HDMI

Coming: 2 SVS PB12 Plus/2, Klipsch RF-7 for rear speakers in addition to RF-7 in front
  • Mark1Ace1
    • Jun 2005

All I know is that its called the RVE 1070 and a tentative release date is end of the year or beginning of 2006. Here is a pic.. http://www.cinenow.com/us/reportage.php/sid,1293/ Apart from that, there is no specifications of what it can or can't do at this time, as far as I am aware

Mark

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
      • Apr 2005

it's a 1080P video scaler

it's a scaler
      designed to take in virtually any video signal from any source and deinterlace it and scale it to 1080P.

VCR, Set-top-box , DVD - you name it

Comment

• DrJRapp
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2003

Sort of sounds like a iScan DVDO HD+.
        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Mark1Ace1
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by DrJRapp
          Sort of sounds like a iScan DVDO HD+.
          Rebadge you think lol

Mark

Comment

• labbetuss50
            • May 2005

Wow! That sounds awesome! So this means that this can recieve my component signal from my Denon 2900 and scale it up to 1080i/p? (I only need 720p tho) In that case this sounds very nice!!

Do you have any idea about the retail price?

Regards

KML
            Friendly regards

KML

Klipsch RF-7, RF-5, RC-7, Rotel RSP-1068, RB-1090, RMB-1095, Marantz SA-15, Marantz DV-9600, Panasonic PT-AE700, Adeo, Monster, Kimber, Nordost, PM Audio, Bettercables HDMI

Coming: 2 SVS PB12 Plus/2, Klipsch RF-7 for rear speakers in addition to RF-7 in front

Comment

• BlazeMaster
              • May 2004

it sure sounds nice, but seems to me that it's coming out a little bit too late. We've been using upconverting DVD players already and the HDDVD and BluRay stuff is all coming out soon, so the only reason of having that RVE1070, is if you don't have a DVI/HDMI switching receiver or preamp.

Comment

• ht_obsessive
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BlazeMaster
                it sure sounds nice, but seems to me that it's coming out a little bit too late. We've been using upconverting DVD players already and the HDDVD and BluRay stuff is all coming out soon, so the only reason of having that RVE1070, is if you don't have a DVI/HDMI switching receiver or preamp.
                ....which current Rotel buyers don't. And my guess is won't have in the future either. Rotel and a select band of others e.g. Linn are going down the separate audio/video processing route, it seems to me. The benefits of separating these electronically very different jobs are, I understand, worthwhile.

Comment

• labbetuss50
                  • May 2005

h:

Hmmm..... Interesting. If the blue ray players come out with built in scalers I will probably buy a blue ray player instead. I don't know.....

Does anyone here have any knowledge about these new blue ray/hddvd players? Any specs, retail price and so on?

Thank you!

Regards

KML
                  Friendly regards

KML

Comment

• DrJRapp
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Apr 2003

labbetuss50, don't look for blue-ray to become dominent any time soon! Blue-ray players will not be backwards compatible with DVDs which is why proponents of HD DVD (which is) are betting that their format will prevail, even though it is technically inferior.
                    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Mark1Ace1
                      • Jun 2005

Well, when all the bitching is done between both the HD and Blu Ray camps, we may be lucky and get a machine out there..I for one am not holding my breath for this to be anytime soon...And I agree with Jerry, it does seem like the HD will prevail in this race...It just a rerun of the JVC/VHS v.s Sony/Betamax war of the 70's, in which the Betamax was superior, but for some reason the market share went to VHS...

Furthermore, I think the possibility of upscaling DVD from component is mouth watering (although this member is unsure of any specifications which the RVE 1070 will carry so that point could be a mooted one) particularly for members like myself who don't possess a panel display that offers DVI/HDMI capability. With this in mind, I would rather purchase the upscaler, rather than fork out another 5K for a new panel Display. Well, that ends my 2c worth for today...

I was tempted by the Toshiba DLP with HDMI input, however I felt the picture was not worse or better than my already trusty Toshiba 51" CRT. :T

Mark

Comment

• Bostonears
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DrJRapp
                        don't look for blue-ray to become dominent any time soon! Blue-ray players will not be backwards compatible with DVDs
                        HD DVD might be preferable for a number of reasons, but this isn't one of them. Your statement is based on either fautly or outdated information. Every Blu-Ray (NOT Blue-Ray) player we see in the U.S. (if we ever see them) will be backward compatible with existing DVDs.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"