X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gts1
    • Jan 2006

rotel rdv 1060 andrsx1056

Hi there all,

New to these forums and have a few questions to ask.
    1)is the or was the rdv 1060 the top end dvd player for rotel and what was the diff between the 1060 and the 1050?and how did youfind the picture and sound compared to that of the marantz and integra?
    2)how has the rsx1056 compared to the two above mentioned competitors?

As you might have already concluded i recently purchased these two rotel products and am suffering from maybe a case of was this really worh the extra money as i am coming from a onkyo tx701 thxmodel and am not sure if i am seeing the two thounsand dollar diff?????

I've had these products for two weeks now and already the amp has crapped out as it started fading in and out after only two movies . The dealer that i got it though has ordered me a new one but my onkyo is still ticking ,what's a guy to do ? I wanted to do a upgrade and the rotel came highly recomended but i am noticing that there are fewer features that my 3 year old onkyo has and i'm concerned about my future needs. I wanted to buy a good system and not have to worry about purchasing another amp in the near future .
  • tomm
    • Oct 2005

the rdv is the top of the line rotel dvd player at the moment however no use pondering about money wasted, you can't get it back. i decided to spend the extra bread on the 1060 and i never listened to the 1050 and i don't want to. if you got the 1050 you'd be wondering if it was worth the extra over the samsung dvd player you saw at kmart.

Enjoy :T

Comment

• fordster
      • Feb 2005

Are you sure it's the amp that's the problem? Could it be the DVD player that is dropping the audio? Do CD's play okay? What connections have you made between the amp and the DVD?

I wouldn't worry about the lack of features, what you pay for with the Rotel is the sound quality. Obviously, you're not noticing this at the moment but once you get these problems sorted I'm sure you will.
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"