X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bails
    • Dec 2003

RSX-1065: Analogue Pathway

Am I correct in thinking that stereo analogue inputs to the RSX-1065 are 'pure' outputs to the front speakers, that is, they are converted to digital and then back to analogue?

I am interested in this receiver but also have a very good cd transport/external DAC combo. I would like the analogue signal from these components to be simply fed out through the receiver's analogue outputs, without any digital 'corruption'.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Welcome to Club Rotel and HTGuide Bails

That is more a function of sound mode than input, so yes it can be a pure pass through. Here's a quote from the 1065 Instruction Manual:

2CH Button
    This button activates conventional 2-speaker stereo mode with no surround sound or other processing. This is “pure” stereo, using the front
    left and front right speakers (with or without subwoofer), with no surround channels and no center channel. When used with Dolby Digital or DTS source material, the 2CH button engages a downmix feature, combining all of the channels and sending them to the front speakers. The spatial
    effects of surround sound are lost, but all of the information on the original recording are preserved.

NOTE: 2CH mode allows you to hear 2-channel stereo recordings in their original format using the analog inputs.
    If I were you though...I'd wait a month for the newer models coming out later in January that are replacing the 1055, 1065 and 1066. Also is there a reason you've decided on the 1065 (or it's replacement equivelant)? For about the same amount of money you could purchase the 1055 and 1075 amp or for a couple hundred more the 1066 and 1075 (or again their replacements) and have seperates! :P Something to think about For more info on the replacement models check out this thread: "New Rotel Products?"

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Bails
      • Dec 2003

Thanks for the info.

Perhaps I should wait for the new models. I actually live in South Korea, though, and I'm not sure how long it will take for the new ones to show up here. Maybe I'll wait and see what is announced at CES (I assume that is where Rotel will unveil the new models) and then see if it's worth waiting some more!

I have given the idea of Rotel separates, in some configuration, some thought. The problem is simply one of space. The 1065 would fit nicely in my AV rack but two components just won't fit. I'd prefer not to have to start a new rack (my wife would kill me!)

Comment

• Bails
        • Dec 2003

Just one other quick query.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't get the 1065? I'm really only interested in five channels of amplification at this point (and can't see getting into 6 or 7 channels for some time, if ever). Also, music is far more important to me than HT.

I guess what I'm saying is, even if the new models have 7 channels, new surround decoding formats, better DACs etc., that's not really going to make much difference to me (in fact, I'd be paying for things I wouldn't use).

Unless the new model is going to substantially improve 2-channel analogue music there doesn't seem any need to wait. Any thoughts?

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

You've definately got some good points there.... If nothing else I would wait to hear from other people how much of a sonic improvement there is over the older models. At least then you'll have the choice betwen the two not to mention that the prices of the older models should drop if only a little and you decide to stick with the 1065. And other than the points you mentioned, no, there's no reason not to get the 1065, it's a very nice receiver

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"