X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lando
    • Dec 2003

1066 discontinued?

So I went to go buy a 1066 today only to find out that they've been discontinued and are no longer available. Anyone hearing anything about a new model?
  • BKSinAZ
    • Feb 2003

Yes, it is correct. Rotel discontinued the RSP-1066 and will be coming out with a replacement. However the replacement will be unveiled at the CEDIA show sometime in January. No one has seen the replacement yet.

Bryan

PS, what Amp do you own? Any troubles with it?

Comment

• Lando
      • Dec 2003

I fell in love with Marantz MA500s a while back, so that's what I'm using. I like the idea of dedicated power going to my B&W 703s.

Comment

• jordie
        • Dec 2003

PIMPASSLANDO(NICE NCIK)

I WAS LOOKING AT THESE SPEAKERS(ON THE INTERNET) FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS...THEY LOOK NICE I'VE HEARD THEY SOUND NICE..BUT I'D LIKE TO HEAR ANOTHER OPINION OF SOMEONE THAT HAS THEM(I AM TALKING AB B&W 703)....MY QUESTION IS: HOW DO U LIKE THEM?..THANKS!

memyselfandio
        memyselfandio

Comment

• Lando
          • Dec 2003

I love the speakers. They have a reach that is perfect for my long living room. The bass is so deep and rich that I don't need a sub for music. Vocals are clean and natural on the mains while providing plenty of punch for faster stuff. The center has a very natural and full sound. Voices sound life-like. I watched The Cure's Trilogy concert and sat in awe.

Comment

• Ron Reda
            • Jan 2003

pimpasslando,

Just to chime in... I too love the Marantz MA500s. I have 5 of 'em and think that they are excellent for the money. If you ever wanna get rid of them, they always get good money out on eBay.

Comment

• Lando
              • Dec 2003

Oops. I have 603s, not 703s. Sorry for the confusion. Also, I found a great deal on an RSX-1055 and brought her home. So far so good.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"