X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jorgjean
    • Nov 2005

Upgrade to RSP 1068

I have acquired an ARCAM AVP700. For my taste it sounds too laid back.There is just no drive and exitement and attack in the performance. I am considering to change to the RSP-1068 from Arcam, as I was very happy with all the Rotel products I had so far (mainly preamps and poweramps, currently RMB-1075),

Will I go the right way with the RSP-1068? Is it possible to bi-amp (for example dedicate the unused pre-outs as 3rd and 4th front pre-amp, which is how I run the AVP700 currently.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Not sure if I understand correctly, are you wanting to use the 1068 as a stereo preamp and use the unused rear/center rear outputs as additional front preouts? If so, no. You cannot reroute signals to different pre-outs.

If you are going to eventually go with surround sound, the 1068's bypass mode is really nice for stereo and a good unit for surround. IF you are sticking with stereo, I would look for a stereo only preamp.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"