X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AMPER
    • Nov 2005

Think I got a lemon

Well after much anticipation my RCC-1055 finally came in after being on back order for several weeks. I immediately rip the box open and say to myself “what a beautiful looking unit”. Can’t wait to plug it in to my 1070 and 1080. The first thing that I notice is that this thing is extremely slow (at least compared to my old 200$ Yamaha CD player) at playing a CD after the command is entered. But here is the big thing, it seems like it does not want to play all of the CDs all of the time. First of all let me say that these CDs are store bought and very close to new (no scratches). Example: let’s say all stations are loaded and I pick number 1. It might play that CD, but 5 min. later it will not even pick that CD up as even being loaded. Has anyone ever experienced this?

:banghead:
  • Kens1
    • Mar 2005

I experienced it with the 1072 when I auditioned it. I ended up going with the Cambridge Audio 640. It's cheaper and better sounding in my opinion.

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

My RCC-1055 does not act like thatat all. I find my changer reacts very well tot eh commands. My only complaint is when in random play mode it will sometimes play 2 or 3 songs from the same CD before moving on. I suggest you take yours back.

Comment

• Mark_C.
        • Jan 2003

Give it some time. It could just be a matter of working out the bugs. If it's still a problem in a week, take it back. I'm sure your dealer will help you out.

Comment

• AMPER
          • Nov 2005

o.k. I think It's time for some new CDs anyway, going to buy brand new ones just to double check. thanks guys

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

The units have to come a long way, and the 1055 has a lot of moving parts that can get out of whack on the way here. If it doesn't recognize a fairly clean non-burned CD, I don't think it will improve over time.

Kevin D.

Comment

• AMPER
              • Nov 2005

well it's been about about a week now with little to no improvement. Contacted dealer he said full swap out, no problem. It looks like a few more weeks without a cd player, o'well easy come easy go. Kevin it looks like this unit did have a pretty good trip because the box that it came in doesn't hardly have a scracth on it. Hope my next one is better. Starting to loose my warm fuzzy feeling about 1055. later

Comment

• miner
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by AMPER
                well it's been about about a week now with little to no improvement. Contacted dealer he said full swap out, no problem. It looks like a few more weeks without a cd player, o'well easy come easy go. Kevin it looks like this unit did have a pretty good trip because the box that it came in doesn't hardly have a scracth on it. Hope my next one is better. Starting to loose my warm fuzzy feeling about 1055. later
                I have owned a number of changers; in order

Yamaha
                Sony
                HK
                Denon
                Rotel

My 1055 is the best hands down as far as sonic performance goes. The HK handled the randon mode better than any. I truly feel you just got a bad unit.

Comment

• Club1820
                  • Jan 2006

Please let us know how the new unit turns out. I am thinking about getting this same cd player.

thanks.
                  Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"