X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bluespower
    • Sep 2005

So Pleased

I'm not going to say anything that you vets don't already know. I joined the Rotel ranks last fall when I bought a 1068/1095 combo. The gear is being used with a Marantz VC-5400 DVD player and B&W speakers (DM603s, LC600, and DS6s). At that point in time I was so incredibly focused on concert DVDs and DVD-As that I was not prepared for what I was going to experience with two channel material in bypass mode.

Over the months I've been reading with great interest the posts dealing with having a dedicated CD player (the RCD1072 and Azur 640C in particular). The week I was going to buy I was offered a RCD971 in terrific condition at what I thought was a very fair price.

I've got to say that the 971 is a HUGE improvement over my Marantz. I really enjoy what it brings to the party and I do find myself reaching for CDs over 5.1 material when I get a chance to really sit and listen.

Now I'm going to give you a chance to bust my bubble...

Is the 1072 that much better than the 971?

Have many of you "modded" your players (opamps, clocks, power cords, etc)?

If yes, what mods offer real improvements and what are "snake oil"?

Or, should I keep saving my sheckles and go for the 1072 down the road?

I really am very satisfied with what I have but some of the claims of increased performance are intoxicating. Would love to hear your thoughts...
    Bluespower
  • grit
    • Jan 2005

I wish I could comment on the differences, but I only have the 1072. What I can tell you is that I am in the same boat. Bought my system thinking mostly HT, and solely due to the quality of the equipment I have (Rotel / B&W), my focus has switched to mainly 2-ch analog bypass music.

Congrats on your CD player! I hope you get plenty of use out of it.

Comment

• soundhound
      • Mar 2004

Many people have compiled a healthy # of cd's. Two channel along with ht seems to be on the rise. A very pleasant suprise into a little purer 2 channel, without breaking the bank is a Jolida JD100 cd player. It is fully tubed in the gain stages, and does analog to cd's like one can't imagine. It removes the digital sound, and adds alot of emotion to the music. A few folks from here have purchased one, and are very pleased.
      tnt-audio.com has done a very good review with some specs and good pics. p.m. me if intersted.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"