X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RisBo
    • Dec 2005

rb1070 or 1080 with 1075, need help

Hello
    I have 1066+1075 to power 805S,htm-4s and soon two pairs ds7.Everything below 80hz to sub.
    In general people ad 1080 to give more power to their full-range fronts but what if I with 1075 power up fronts and surround back and use 1070 for surround left and right. Is this good combination?
    I would save money which could go to cd or dvd player and still have lots of power in 7.1
  • grit
    • Jan 2005

Depends on whether music or movies is your primary concern. If it's movies, your idea works better. If it's music... welll, the best idea would be the new 1077 amp. Really, what you need is equal power to the 805's and htm4s (for movies). You need to think of your htm4s as an 805s on its side.

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

I'd used the 1070 for the fronts, it has a much higher damping factor than the 1075. Also, you can use the remote function to only turn the 1075 on when your source is multi-channel.

But, ask 20 people and get 20 different answers!
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• RisBo
        • Dec 2005

mjb- sorry but what " higher dumping factor" mean.
        Is 1070 better amp then 1075?. If I put 1070 in front wont I get a little unbalanced fronts? HT is more important to me but not by much.
        If I got money to spear I would get 1080 but since I use 80hz crossover maybe the best would be to get 1070 and not miss much?

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

The 1070 only has 2-ch of amplifiction for it's power supply to worry about, the 1075 has 5. The 1070 should sound a little better, especially for 2-ch listening and as long as you calibrate your speakers with an SPL meter, you should have no discrepencies with the front three channels

Having said that if you can afford the 1080, go for it. There's no such thing as too much power! :P But if that's at the expense of better source units and your speakers aren't incredibly power hungry, I'd probably go for the 1070 and additional sources myself
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"