X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mickster1972
    • Feb 2005

Rotel 1068 - sound problem when switching from DD to PCM feed

Hi:

I was watching an off-air HD broadcast in HD and dolby digital, with my 1068 working fine, except when the broadcast switched to commercials. Since the commercials weren't mixed in DD, the 1068 took the PCM feed and switched over to Dolby PLIIx (which is my default for TV viewing), but the sound cuts out for some reason. When the broadcast swithced back to the HD show in DD sound, everything was fine again. Has anyone else experienced this? Is is a 1068 software issue? Thanks.

-Sean

aka Mickster1972
    "MMMMMMM..... Floor Pie..... Marge, where's the silver digging thing?"

-Homer
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Yup, software issue that has been fixed. Hold down mute and let me know what version pops up on the display just to be sure.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Kyle
      • Jan 2005

This is off topic, sort of, but might be related.

If I'm watching TV (rca inputs), and say, switch to my DVD input (optical) and start playing a movie, if I switch inputs back to TV, my 1068 will stay on the optical feed from the DVD player.

Does that sound familiar?
      My gear

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

The unit will always default to analog if it cannot find a digital signal, it sounds like you have two inputs assigned to the same digital signal. When the DVD is off, the TV input defaults to analog. When you turn on the DVD player, a digital signal is now present and the TV input will no longer default to the analog. (It plays the digital signal).

You would need to choose the TV input, go into the setup menu, go to the INPUT menu, go down to the INPUT option, and then change that to ANALOG.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Kyle
          • Jan 2005

Ahh, that is likely it! Thanks Kevin!
          My gear

Comment

• mickster1972
            • Feb 2005

Thanks, Kevin. It is version 1.1.9. Should I upgrade the software?
            "MMMMMMM..... Floor Pie..... Marge, where's the silver digging thing?"

-Homer

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

Yup, here's the list of changes you would get:

V1.1.9 to V1.2.1 - Fixed an intermittent problem of units locking into “Standby” mode until the rear panel power toggle was engaged. - Improved digital input sensing and format detection. This improvement fixes any problems with no audio when changing channels with some Scientific Atlanta HD digital cable boxes.

V1.2.1 to V1.2.2 - Corrected an error which caused very low center channel output when switching between DD/PLII to PLII modes.
              You should be able to get the update file and instructions at the Rotel website, and you can search here for some more help if needed.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Bostonears
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mickster1972
                I was watching an off-air HD broadcast in HD and dolby digital, with my 1068 working fine, except when the broadcast switched to commercials. Since the commercials weren't mixed in DD, the 1068 took the PCM feed and switched over to Dolby PLIIx (which is my default for TV viewing), but the sound cuts out for some reason.
                Automatic muting of commercials? That's not a problem, that's a feature!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"