X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pras1011
    • Nov 2005

Rotel processor VS Adcom proccesor

I have a rotel 1068. but in silly quest to go forward with bigger and better processors, i came across a Adcom 860 pre-amp. adcom are unknown in the UK but i am hoping you people in the US have knowledge of the 860.
    So people which one is better?

thanks

Pras
  • Matt Sprouls
    • Apr 2003

Relax and enjoy your Rotel I don't know of anything better for the price to performance ratio. I went from a RSX-1055 to a Anthem AVM 20 and though I don't regret it one bit, the cost starts to increase alot faster than gained performance. If you want to feed the upgrade monster wait for the AVM-30 with HDMI to come out.

On the HDMI subject, I was told that Rotel is going with an external video processor does anyone have any info on that?
    Regards,
    Matt

Comment

• junior77blue
      • Nov 2004

I would compare the 880 to the 1068, and would say they're probably on par if anything. So, don't bother looking at it as an upgrade.

Comment

• pras1011
        • Nov 2005

then whats a good upgrade from the 1068?

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

McIntosh, Krell, Mark Levinston, Lexicon, Proceed, Integra Research,etc. Rotel pretty much owns this price point. Your going to have to spend more to get more.

It depends on your needs but B&K would also be an upgrade to a certain extent. I owned both B&K and Rotel and find different speakers like different amps and pre's.

Good luck,

Dan

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"