X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • labbetuss50
    • May 2005

RB-1090 vs RMP-1091 vs RMP-1092?

Hi again!

I've been sitting here wondering if i should sell my Rotel RB-1090 so I could buy to RMP-1091 or a RMP-1092. Does anyone here know anything about these new amplifiers from Rotel, and how they are comparised to RB-1090 (Damping factor, current capability, dynamics, control, sonic performance etc) ?

Does anyone of you know the pricetag on these amps and when they are entering the market? Heard rumors of being released in January.... :O

Thank you!!

Friendly regards

KML
    Friendly regards

KML

Klipsch RF-7, RF-5, RC-7, Rotel RSP-1068, RB-1090, RMB-1095, Marantz SA-15, Marantz DV-9600, Panasonic PT-AE700, Adeo, Monster, Kimber, Nordost, PM Audio, Bettercables HDMI

Coming: 2 SVS PB12 Plus/2, Klipsch RF-7 for rear speakers in addition to RF-7 in front
  • labbetuss50
    • May 2005

I will also write hereas soon as i get any response on the e mail i sent rotel
    Friendly regards

KML

Klipsch RF-7, RF-5, RC-7, Rotel RSP-1068, RB-1090, RMB-1095, Marantz SA-15, Marantz DV-9600, Panasonic PT-AE700, Adeo, Monster, Kimber, Nordost, PM Audio, Bettercables HDMI

Coming: 2 SVS PB12 Plus/2, Klipsch RF-7 for rear speakers in addition to RF-7 in front

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

I believe the price will be in the $1500 - $2500 range.
      Last edited by miner; 22 December 2005, 17:51 Thursday.

Comment

• labbetuss50
        • May 2005

mmmm, in other words, a little expensive. I don't understand why they have to be so expensive.... It's the same technology as Embla and Midgard Audio, Beast ++, and the same modules..... And still they are 1000-1500 dollars more expenzive than Midgard and Embla...... Basically they are all the same amplifier, just with another shell/chassis....... ANNOYING!!! and ridicoulus
        Friendly regards

KML

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

You are paying for the tweaks that Rotel is doing to the amps. They are making the Stereo and mono block sound identical and to make it match perfectly as a combination to power your whole front sound stage and make the dynamics/imaging/clarity all the same.
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• labbetuss50
            • May 2005

Okay. How do you think these monoblocks would do being used with a 1095 in a surround system? How do you think these monoblocks would do compared to the rb-1090?

Thank you!
            Friendly regards

KML

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by labbetuss50
              mmmm, in other words, a little expensive. I don't understand why they have to be so expensive.... Basically they are all the same amplifier, just with another shell/chassis....... ANNOYING!!! and ridicoulus
              That's so far form the truth it's not even funny. If that were the case, why are you asking how it sounds and compares??? You should all ready know

The mono block will be $1500 and the stereo will be $2500. They haven't been released so specs and sound opinions aren't known yet. And with this style of amp, the same specs you used to look at may not apply. They were holding off until they could get them to sound as good as the RMB-1077 and last reports were they got it to sound better.

So do a search for the 1077 and read all the reviews on that. Take those, add better sound quality and unlimited power, and you should have a good idea of they new ones will be.

Kevin D.

Comment

• labbetuss50
                • May 2005

Okay.... So they will be even more powerful than the RB-1090?
                Friendly regards

KML

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

They're 500 watts a channel, so yup. Given the fact that my 1077 (100watts) drives my speakers better then my 1095 (200watts) did, the new ones should be a fun ride.

Kevin D.

Comment

• soundhound
                    • Mar 2004

KML, nice list of toyz, gotta love them 7's..........

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"