X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • labbetuss50
    • May 2005

New Surr Processors from Rotel?

Hi folks!

I'm sitting here wondering when Rotel is to upgrade/com with new surr pre's. Are there anyone here who has any information about this? Releasedate/specs?

Thank you!

Friendly regards

KML
    Friendly regards

KML

Klipsch RF-7, RF-5, RC-7, Rotel RSP-1068, RB-1090, RMB-1095, Marantz SA-15, Marantz DV-9600, Panasonic PT-AE700, Adeo, Monster, Kimber, Nordost, PM Audio, Bettercables HDMI

Coming: 2 SVS PB12 Plus/2, Klipsch RF-7 for rear speakers in addition to RF-7 in front
  • lvhung
    • Jun 2005

Where you heard that Rotel introduce a new processor?

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Any details (if any) will be at CES Janary 6th. I'll let you know what I find out.

Kevin D.

Comment

• labbetuss50
        • May 2005

Thankt you Kevin!

lvhung, i read it in a thread further down named "1068 vs 1098". He also said something about them being released nov 2006, but i don't know. I have also sent an e-mail to Rotel
        Friendly regards

KML

Klipsch RF-7, RF-5, RC-7, Rotel RSP-1068, RB-1090, RMB-1095, Marantz SA-15, Marantz DV-9600, Panasonic PT-AE700, Adeo, Monster, Kimber, Nordost, PM Audio, Bettercables HDMI

Coming: 2 SVS PB12 Plus/2, Klipsch RF-7 for rear speakers in addition to RF-7 in front

Comment

• lvhung
          • Jun 2005

NOv 2006 !!

Comment

• labbetuss50
            • May 2005

Are you confirming or are you just excited?
            Friendly regards

KML

Comment

• Leef DaLucky
              • May 2003

Ya i've read a couple items that *hint* at upcoming pre/pro's from Rotel, as well.
              Where's Aussie Geoff when you need him?
              He seems to know a little something about what's going on with this.
              I think he may have mentioned the word "signature" at one point, too.
              Hmmmm.

Cheers,
              Happy Ho Ho.
              Mikey
              "...Because Good is Dumb...!"
              -Dark Helmet

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2003

Leef,

I'm right here - Kevin just does such a good job, I watch for the tricky ones rather than double guess him (I've got club B&W as well :T)

Rotel are cagy on this... They do have a prototype 1098 next generation that they are playing with and next generation software from Cirrius with auto room equalisation and HDMI support... This will then have trickle down effects for the 1068 and then the 1067 / 56 etc... They are hoping to be able to "off the main floor" show there thinking to dealers etc at CES... Release dates with Rotel are always "flexible" and tend to move out - they keep going until the sound is right... However November 2006 is what I have heard too, with some products (recievers?) in 2007...

Geoff

Comment

• labbetuss50
                  • May 2005

I've just recieved an email from rotel where they say that they will release processors and recievers with hdmi next year, 2006, but offcourse, no specific date
                  Interesting what you say about 1098 and room equalization (!!!)
                  Friendly regards

KML

Comment

• acermena
                    • Dec 2005

new processors

I heard from a high level Nov/late 2006, (providing nothing slips) for new updated processors with HDMI and other small refinements. This is why I bought the 1068 now and maybe upgrade to the new (HDMI) 1098 when it comes out and then sell the 1068. I was in desperate need of a processor and have been waiting a ling time to make a move (was waiting for HDMI). I only had a processor with dolby digital with no DTS and 5.1 inputs. I may even wait awhile until the bugs are out of the updated 1098. Rotel is waiting until theu can get the correct revision of HDMI so it can play the high definition signal that will be coming up. Thanks.

Tony

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Oct 2003

Rotel is waiting until they can get the correct revision of HDMI so it can play the high definition signal that will be coming up
                      Absolutely. Rotel want the new boxes to be ready for HD-DVD and Blu-Ray so that only software changes will be required for any tweaks in sound formats such as Dolby Digital Plus etc...

Geoff

Comment

• labbetuss50
                        • May 2005

Thats why i love Rotel, they always prioritize that the products they release will bring many years of flexibility og joy without "falling of the load". It's very nice that they do this for they're customers so we can have a much more flexible system where we can easily update to and enjoy future technology I hate companies where you have to buy entirely new products to follow the technological development instead of making it cheaper and easier for customers to follow it......

Than you all for good answers!

And to you all! A MERRY CHRISTMAS!
                        Friendly regards

KML

Comment

• labbetuss50
                          • May 2005

And last but not least, they really test they're products, tweaking them og making final touches so the customers get very much value for they're money So when when they enter the market, the products are mostly complete and "error free"
                          Friendly regards

KML

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"