X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JazzGuyy
    • Nov 2003

Am I really limited to only 8 devices with a 1098

As far as I can see so far with my new 1098, I can only have 8 devices configured on the input at once. I need 9! I have the following:
    DVD player (digital bitstream)
    LD player (digital out and analog out)
    LD player AC-3 RF
    HDTV (off-air digital and analog)
    Digital cable box (spdif)
    Tuner (analog)
    Tape Deck (analog)
    S-VHS VCR1 (analog)
    S-VHS VCR2 (analog)

I can connect all the devices but the remote and input seem to only allow eight defined devices. The only way I can figure around this is to redefine the eighth input for the 2 least-used devices when I use them. This is a PITA. Any workarounds or clarifications of my understanding would be appreciated. TIA.
  • teekster
    • Jul 2003

I got around this by adding an external AV switcher to the last inut. It switches between analog things that I don't ever use, like VCR, LD, and the TV output. It has an IR sensor and it switches seemlesly with macros on my Pronto.

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but it is a way around one of the few limitations of this preamp.

Comment

• skipm
      • Jun 2003

You can also make use of the multi-chanel input which would give you 9.

-Skip

Comment

• TonyL
        • Dec 2003

Just curious, which input will you be using for the AC-3 RF? I also have a laserdisc player but didn't try to connect since there isn't a dedicated input.

Thanks

Comment

• JazzGuyy
          • Nov 2003

I am currently using Digital Coax 4 for the RF-3 input but I have defined the associated video as S-Video 3. I haven't tested this yet but I don't see why it won't work. I'll let you know if it doesn't. I'll have time to test and fiddle around more with configurations this weekend.

Comment

• microfast
            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by JazzGuyy
            I am currently using Digital Coax 4 for the RF-3 input but I have defined the associated video as S-Video 3. I haven't tested this yet but I don't see why it won't work. I'll let you know if it doesn't. I'll have time to test and fiddle around more with configurations this weekend.
            The AC3 RF is not a normal digital signal; so it do not work ( is necessary a dedicated demodulator ).

Regards
            Marco

Comment

• Scarp
              • Mar 2003

You can also connect more if you let two devices share the same source.

Lets say you have device 1 connected only analogue and device 2 only connected digitally. Then they can share e.g. the video 4 source. So connect both and setup the digital source correctly. Then when only one of the two devices is turned on it will always automatically take the one playing. If both are playing at the same time, the digital input is first, however through the d-slt button you can switch to the analogue.

It aint perfect, but it can be done

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"