X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Britchie
    • Nov 2003

Help w/video switching on 1098

I have a 1098 that I want to use to send component signals to my HDTV. I am trying to hook up

1) DVD (component)
    2) Cable (Component)
    3) VCR (SVHS Cable)

The manual is a little light on this subject and I would appreciate any help on what imputs to use on the back of the 1098 (I think I have this right) but where in the 1098 menu system do I have to update the info to tell it what video imput to look at? Will I have each input (on the path button) set-up to a different source? Help!
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

You'll need to connect the DVD player and Cable box to the Component-1 and Component-2 inputs, the VCR to the S-video-1 input and then the Component-Monitor output to your display (if you want the 1098 to upconvert your s-video signal). Then you simply inform the 1098 what's connected where and for what devices in the "Input Setup" portion of the menu. So for example if you connect the DVD player to the Component-1 input then you scroll to it and you can name the input "DVD' tell it use the Coaxial-1 or Optical-1 input for sound etc (depends on your setup).

Hope that didn't confuse you more

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"