X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moulitsa
    • Dec 2005

Advice needed

Hello,

I am thinking of buying a pair of B&W 704 speakers and the the RSX-1056 receiver (in the
    future I will complete my speakers system for surround sound).

What of the following two would you suggest?
    a) Buy RDV 1050 to play both my DVD's and CD's.
    b) Buy RCD-02 to play my CD's and buy DENON 1920 to play my DVD's.

I notice that Rotel does not support HDMI. How much of a drawback is it? Should
    I consider another brand, just for this ?

Right now I loved listening to the setup at the store with the Rotel.

I am newbie.. so any advice... is appreciated!

Thank you
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

If possible, consider the 703 over the 704. I extensively researched & listened to both with idea of getting the 703....until my dealer made me an offer on the discontinued N804 ($1300 each). To me the 703 had better bass & mid response. I personally would buy a dedicated unit for CDs & one fro DVDs.

Comment

• nikos
      • Dec 2005

I'm in a somewhat similar dilemma...in regards to HDMI and havent bought the 1068 yet.

First week of 2006 at CES in Vegas rumor has it that ROTEL will be showcasing their new products that have HDMI. (dvd player with HDMI, a separates video switcher and who knows what other goodies *check other threads*).

My dealer suggested I wait! See what is coming at CES before I make a decission I will regret...and its only a couple weeks away.

(Note to others: Please don't spoil this for me, by saying it will be a much longer wait unless you have proof ofcourse )

I also has looking at Denon for some of the features...such as HDMI.

Hope this helps.

Nikos
      Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by nikos
        First week of 2006 at CES in Vegas rumor has it that ROTEL will be showcasing their new products that have HDMI. (dvd player with HDMI, a separates video switcher and who knows what other goodies *check other threads*).

My dealer suggested I wait! See what is coming at CES before I make a decission I will regret...and its only a couple weeks away.

(Note to others: Please don't spoil this for me, by saying it will be a much longer wait unless you have proof ofcourse )
        I'll be attending CES next year and anxiously looking towards Rotel's new lineup. Would it spoil your day if I were to reveal what I see (or better yet, what I don't)?
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• nikos
          • Dec 2005

ofcourse not...please do share!!! thats what I and I suspect many other are waiting for...

Nikos
          Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• lvhung
            • Jun 2005

Why don't you have a look at Pionner DVD player

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"