X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim_D
    • Nov 2003

New Rotel Products?

I recieved this info from my local Rotel dealer today. Anyone have any more detail on this?

I received a call from my Rotel representative today. He informed me that Rotel is in the process of discontinuing the RSX-1055, RSX-1065 and the RSP-1066. They will be introducing new models in January. If your time frame for this purchase is into 2004, it may make sense to see what they have coming in the new model. I imagine it will have some of the most recent surround modes, etc…I asked if they had any close-out type pricing on the 1066, and he informed me unfortunately not. They have a limited supply left of the 1066 and he wanted to make sure I had any unit on order for upcoming jobs.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Well now that's interesting! 8O Maybe Andrew can confirm or deny some of these pesky little rumours....?

I wouldn't doubt it if the 1065 is replaced first followed by the 1055/1066 as they seem to be towards the end of their product cycles. Though I have my doubts that it would be happening that fast, especially for all three.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• will1066
      • Aug 2003

I also heard a rumor today! Rotel is said to be working on a DVD receiver/toaster/blender, the RBT-02! Blender and toaster sections are said to have their own custom-built toroidal transformers! THX was said to be talking with Rotel about THX certification on those sections, but Rotel declined to keep costs down! The RBT-02 will be available in black and silver, like all current Rotel products! :LOL:

Comment

• jig
        • Dec 2003

do you think that there might be closeout prices for the rsx-1055? or would it follow along the same lines as the 1066 (limited stock)?

thanks,
        -jig

Comment

• spiffnme
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by jig
          do you think that there might be closeout prices for the rsx-1055? or would it follow along the same lines as the 1066 (limited stock)?

thanks,
          -jig
          I really doubt there will be any "close out" bargains on any Rotel gear. Whether they're being discontinued or not. Rotel does an excellent job (much to my dismay) of keeping their products out of the "bargain bin". You NEVER see Rotel gear with slashed prices.

On the up side...this keeps the used market for Rotel gear strong as well. Though you can save some money buying your Rotel gear used, it does hold it's value very much, much better than most other companies.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
          All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I doubt its true but I'll ask anyway.

Comment

• Mark_C.
              • Jan 2003

Speaking of new products, did anyone check out the Rotel site today? The specs for the RDV-1040 are up. It's a progressive scan DVD player. No DVD audio. I haven't checked the specs against the 1060 yet, but my hunch is the only difference is the 1040's lack of DVD-A. I'm already salivating.

Comment

• gd
                • Jan 2003

They've also added the specs for their new all-in-one receiver/dvd-a RSDX02: http://www.rotel.com/products/specs/rsdx02.htm ... plenty of inputs and outputs (no 5.1 in), and plenty of power... on paper, looks very worthy for space-saver applications.

Stoked to hear more on the next-generation RSP-1066(7?)... even if it's just rumors!
                greg (gd to you)
                Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
                production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Javamonkey
                  • Dec 2003

I am new to this forum. I am in the process of getting the 1066/1075 combo. My only hesitation is the base management problem with SACD/DVD-A. With new product coming out do you think that the 1066 will have a replacement model or a software upgrade for the 5.1 analog base management. Perhaps I should wait and just get the 1075 and hook it up to my Denon AVR 1801. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Javamonkey

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

Welcome Javamonkey

That's a tough one.... :? The bass management "problem" is easily fixed and I can say from my own experience you won't be dissapointed in the 1066's performance. IMO, and this is totally a guess, but I would think the 1066 will probably be one of the last current generation products to be replaced with a newer model. Though I wouldn't blame you for waiting to hear more concrete info on replacement dates. Another option might be to find a dealer with a good upgrade policy that would allow you to trade in your 1066 for whatever new model at a minimal loss when the time comes...

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
                    Jason

Comment

• Javamonkey
                      • Dec 2003

I might just pull the trigger. I just upgraded my speakers to B&W602's and threw my B&W601's to the rears. The 602's a sceaming for more power. I heard a Demo of Eagles Hell Freezes over and Armagedon the movie. The detail was amazing. After that I demoed the Denon 3802 4802 and the 58 whatever and they could not touch 1066/1075.

Comment

• mutley
                        • May 2003

That's fantastic news if true.

I really need a receiver/processor with audio delay. cause my Pioneer Elite 45 doesn't have and i'm struggling with lip sync issues...

I can't afford a 1098 so... It would be great that a new version of 1066 or 1055 came with audio delay.

Right now i rather have audio delay (and a better looking gear) than MCACC.

Make it be true!

P.S. Is the RDV-1040 multiregion? If it's a 1060 dvd-video player it's great.

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true!
                        Gus

Comment

• ZX 6R
                          • Jan 2003

It's definitely not a rumor. All Rotel will say though is the three new products that are being showed in January are "fantastic". In some territories one of the colours is already gone. There might actually be deals available in some areas as B-stock(refurb) will be made available since things are so tight with regular product right now.

Comment

• Shane Martin
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Apr 2001

Very interesting news.

If this turns out to be true, I just might make the jump.

Comment

• whmacs
                              • Oct 2003

Hi All,
                              I've been following this thread with interest. I'm a relatively new Rotel owner, my three year old Onkyo 787 receiver now only acts as a processor (in the last 6 weeks) with all the amplification now being provided my an RMB 1075 and an RB 1070 (7.1 x 4ohm speaker setup). As my Onkyo is getting a bit 'long in tooth' in HT terms I would like to replace it in the next few months with a dedicated processor which is up to date with the various formats (The Onkyo doesnt even have PLII). The replacement for the RSP-1066 might just be the ticket. Any 'guesses' what new features this may have over the current RSP-1066?

cheers,
                              Stephen

My Home Theatre
                              My Home Theatre

Comment

• Azeke
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Mar 2003

This indeed is very interesting.

In the words of a famous blind man, "we shall see".

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Aug 2000

I don't know anymore then you guys but if I were to guess (and its just a guess) I'd say that the newer models (when ever they come out) will mostly likely benefit from the R&D that went into the 1098. How much of the 1098's long feature list we'll see trickle down I don't know but things like the video upconversion could make it given what the competition is doing these days. Again though I don't know any specifics so my guesses are as good as yours

Comment

• Javamonkey
                                    • Dec 2003

I was all set to buy the 1075 amp and wait for the news on the new product in January. My sales rep who has been in the Business for 30 years told me that I should wait till the CES show in Vegas. He said that Rotell was sending his last few 1066 this week and they were not going to recieve any more. Can't wait to find out what is on the Horizon.

Javamonkey

Comment

• eelco74
                                      • Dec 2002

I think it is time to put my Denon 3801 on the market. Can't wait to see the new products.

I already saved some money, with the sale of the 3801, it must be enough..

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
                                      Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
                                      Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• griddall
                                        • Aug 2003

I am in the market for an RSP-1066 right now but I think I'll hold off for a bit. BTW, I don't see Rotel as anexhibitor at CES (at least at the CES website http://www.cesweb.org/ ). Is this the show you were refering to?

Gil Riddall
                                        Gil Riddall

Comment

• Javamonkey
                                          • Dec 2003

I just recieved an e-mail from thier marketing director they will not have a booth at the CES show in Vegas however, they will have staffat the show. My rep told me they usually announce thier new product during the CES Show or after.

Comment

• griddall
                                            • Aug 2003

Can't wait for January!

Historically, how long after they announce the new products is it before our dealers actually see product? I sold my receiver in preparation to buy a new RSP-1066 by the end of February (in line with when my basement renovation will be complete). Any chance the new products will be available by then?

Gil Riddall
                                            Gil Riddall

Comment

• aud19
                                              Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                              • Aug 2003

You might be cutting it close there griddall, but it could be worth the wait... :P

Jason

Jason

Comment

• Dec 2003

I just talked to a rotel dealer and he said the introduction of the new products would be at that show in vegas in jan and the new products will be available at that time.

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Apr 2003

Looks like the 1066 will be replaced with a baby brother to the 1098 according to my Rotel dealer who I visited yesterday. It will share basic firmware with the 1098 and probably be of similar modular construction. The dealer confirmed it would probably be announced in January and be available by early spring.

Jerry Rappaport

Rotel RSP-1066/RMB-1075/RB-1050
                                                  Klipsch RF7C/RC7C/RS7/RS3 SVS PB2+
                                                  Bravo D1 DVD
                                                  Dish Network 6000U HD
                                                  Ultravision 65" HDTV
                                                  Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Scherr
                                                    • Dec 2003

The only thing holding me back from a Rotel 1055 and 5 channel amp for my next upgrade is the lack of dolby pro logic IIx. Now, the way I see it, the new Rotel receivers will have 7 channels of amplification, DTS 96/24, and dolby pro logic IIx. If they do that at the current prices, I think a 1065 successor would be the way to go for me combined with a 2 channel amp for the second zone. (Can't afford separates since the 2nd zone is a must for me).

From everything I have read about dolby pro logic IIx, it is a huge improvement over any of the current modes including XS due to its sophisticated steering and panning.

Scott

Comment

• spiffnme
                                                      • Apr 2003

I've personally never been impressed with any of the Dolby systems that try to "fake" surround sound.

ProLogic
                                                      ProLogic II

...both are big dissapointments. I hold little hope for PLIIx being any different.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
                                                      All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                        • Aug 2000

From everything I have read about dolby pro logic IIx, it is a huge improvement over any of the current modes including XS due to its sophisticated steering and panning.
                                                        where have you seen a review compaing XS to PLIIx? I'd be surprised to hear there was that much difference given their all matrixed

Comment

• Kevin D
                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                          • Oct 2002

On the newer receivers that I've seen that include PLIIx, it is only for rear center systems.. Meaning that it defaults to good ole PLII if you don't have rear centers.. PLIIx is an extension and I don't believe there is any improvement to the steering of the other channels..

Like Andrew said, it's all matrixed and 'guessing' where to send stuff. How can one compare how well it steers something that wasn't designed to be steered in the first place??

Also, I was under the impression that Rotel XS worked in ALL modes when you enabled center rears, basically processing what is in the two rear channels (and/or center rear) and arriving at stereo center rears.. Can anyone verify that it only works it on 5.1 sources as someone said on the PLIIx thread??

Kevin D.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                                            • Aug 2000

From what I understand XS tries to utilize any speaker available so if you're decoding in PLII it'll also matrix those to fill in the back 6th or 7th speakers.

Comment

• skipm
                                                              • Jun 2003

I've also read that in addition to movie and music modes there is also a game mode to enhance your game playing experience. This is for all of those folks who play games on their $25,000 USD, 7.1 Home Theater systems.

-Skip

Comment

• eelco74
                                                                • Dec 2002

Well,

I do use my system for it, since all Xbox games have Dolby Digital sound. And for shooting games it works, if someone is sneeking behind you :-)

But is I don;t wat any DPS/dolbyxs/ex/dplx/bla to spoil the channel steering. I might schoot in the wrong direction, just becaulse Dolby descides to put sound in a channel where is does not belong.

I actually never use any DSP settings at all....

Comment

• Scherr
                                                                  • Dec 2003

I have read Roger Dressler's explanation of how dolby pro logic IIx works in numerous threads at avsforum. He explained that with dolby pro logic IIx, it uses sophisticated steering and panning so that the rear center speakers are stereo and not mono. He believes that it is a huge improvement over mono back surround tracks even for EX and ES encoded tracks.

He explained in an avsforum thread, that XS stands for "extra surround" and is pretty much mono. There is also information in XS that is improperly duplicated between the surround and back speakers. If you do a search at avsforum, you would see his discussion.

People who have Yamaha 1400, 2400, and Marantz 7400 have compared dolby pro logic IIx to EX on EX encoded tracks and greatly preferred IIx. They have called IIx a must have.

I believe IIx, providing true stereo back surrounds, is a good thing (just like dolby pro logic II is an improvement over dolby pro logic I). Not all matrix systems were created equal. If all matrix systems were terrible, none of us would go from 5.1 to 7.1.

If I had a 1055/1066/1065, I would not upgrade just for that. But looking to upgrade now, I will wait for the new models which presumably will have IIx. Dolby has a great FAQ on IIx.

Here is the FAQ:

Scott R. Scherr

Comment

• Kevin D
                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                    • Oct 2002

Confirmed by my Rep today. A-stock on the three units is pretty much gone and B-stock is going fast.. Expect the 1055 replacement to be available late January with the 1065 & 1066 replacements to come in late February..

Kevin D.

Comment

• mutley
                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                      • May 2003

!Audio Delay! Please :roll: ops: :idea:

Gus

Comment

• Rich Wenzel
                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                        • Jan 2003

what i want from rotel is not a 1055/1066 replacement but a universal player...

i dont feel like paying $3+k for a mccormack or lexicon...and i dont want the 2900...

how about a nice $1500 or so Universal player with DVI (HDMI) out as an option....

Rich

Comment

• eelco74
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Dec 2002

Well,

I also wanted a universal player, but the reponse from Rotel was not to expect in in short notice.

So I got the 2900 anyway, and I am VERY pleased with it. After a good run in period it sounds wondefull.

Merry Xmas everyone....

Comment

• eulogytool
                                                                            Junior Member
                                                                            • Dec 2003
                                                                            • 20

Rich, check out Pioneers new Universal player with HDMI,firewire,dvda and SACD retail $1,500 street price...less...

Comment

Working...
                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                            Search Result for "|||"