X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

RDV 1060 Power Supply upgrade

I got in touch with rotel becuase I was starting to notice that there seemed to be be some mosquito noise in the background of most of the movies I was watching. After contacting rotel about it they said it probably needs a power supply upgrade as that has been none in increase the picture quality. Has anyone heard of that? what is it they will be upgrading about it?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I've never heard an issue about it, and can't recall anyone here having this done. Did they say that's something to be covered under warranty?

Kevin D.

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

yes they did...I said I was noticing more "mosquito noise" then I should in the picture quality and they said it may be able to be fixed by a power supply upgrade which improves picture quality.

Comment

• Vicente
        • May 2004

Do you mean with mosquito noise that images are grainier?. I've noticed in mine for a while. Please keep us posted about if there is something to improve picture quality.

thanks

Comment

• Nolan B
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Vicente
          Do you mean with mosquito noise that images are grainier?. I've noticed in mine for a while. Please keep us posted about if there is something to improve picture quality.

thanks

yup that is exactly what i meant. I may have fixed the problem and it was a change in power supply i made but did not go through rotel. I havent watched enough DVDs yet to see if the change has really happend, but from what I have seen so far it looks good.

I bought a Belkin Pure AV power conditioner (for surge protection), but it seems that the power conidition and/or improved power supply from it have fixed the problem in my rdv 1060. Not sure what "power supply issue" Rotel was going to fix, but the Belkin has appeared to fix it. I will watch more movies and report back.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"