X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orangebull
    • Nov 2005

1098-upgraded to wrong version

I made a dumb mistake when I didn't read Rotel's website in close enough detail and upgraded my Rotel 1098 to the latest 3.1.5. Although I must admit even after reading the instruction it is not very clear.

My unit originally had 1.xxx on it. The only problem that I have noticed after installing 3.1.5 is a slightly fuzzy display. Talking to Rotel Tech support seems to indicates that the only difference between between the 2.xxx and 3.xxx is the manufactor of the display.

I tried once to re-install the 2.1.8 but the unit did not work at all. In a panic I re-installed the 3.1.5 and everything (except the somewhat fuzzy display) seems to be working fine.

Rotel told me that I probably should go back to the earlier eprom and software version and totally redue the upgrades including the eprom. Since everything seems to sound fine I am a little concerned about redoing all the upgrades and ending up worse off.

Any advice on this? Will 3.1.5 operate and sould the same as 2.1.8?

thanks, OB
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

You should not, you will have to reload the appropriate firmware, this affects the LCD screens due to different board manufacturers for the different versions.

I don't believe you have to redo the Eprom updates, sometimes the firmware updates go awry for one reason or another, however I will not question Rotel's advice. Just my humble opinion.

Good luck and best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Mark1Ace1
      • Jun 2005

Grrr, I've done that before, what a ballz up....

Mark

Comment

• orangebull
        • Nov 2005

thanks

Appreciate the advice.

Maybe I will try the firmware change again before I redo the eprom.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"