X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mats
    Special Member
    • Jun 2000

1066 with Denon 2200

I'm using "Club Rotel" since this post is specific to the 1066, so hopefully the mods don't move it ? :?: Now if anyone has either the 2200 or 2900 (or probably any other universal player I'm guessing this will apply!), your advice is appreciated!

Anyhow, my question(s)....

Hooked up the 2200 Using the "Multi" inputs on the 1066. Check. Playing SACD (haven't tried a dvd-v or dvd-a yet), I had to hit the "Multi" button on the front of the 1066. I assume this will be the case for DVD-A as well since that is going to be run through the multi-channel inputs. I had little time to tool around with the unit last night since I got back late from a concert, but this perplexed me nonetheless.

So my questions are what "device" am I going to be using when playing 1) dvd-a, 2) dvd. Since I already discovered I need to use the "Multi" input on the front of the 1066. BTW, haven't used my Rotel remote since I picked up the Home Theater Master MX-500... So is there a button for the "Multi" input on the Rotel remote that I will have to teach to the MX-500???

Thanks again folks.
    Mats
    Mats Strömberg
    Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
    Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You're not using a "device" in the sense that its not DVD or CD. The multi channel inputs are a "device" unto themself that has independant settings for LFE etc. I think there's a button on the remote for the multichannel input (ext?)

Comment

• Mats
      Special Member
      • Jun 2000

Thanks for the clarification, Andrew.

I was just reading over the manual to the 1066, and this is what I got from it:

I choose "dvd" as my 'device'. Though I still need to hit the "ext" button on the remote, or the "multi" button on the front of the 1066 to change the audio input.... at least that's what I'm reading into.

I'm assuming that I still need to run a regular digital audio cable from the 2200 into the 1066 (to pick audio from say a cd or dvd)?

Thanks again, Andrew!
      Mats
      Mats Strömberg
      Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Yes that sounds correct. Remember DVD-A has video which is why you need to also select the device (so you can see the menu's etc) If you just wanted to listed to multi channel music you'd simply need to select the multi channel inputs

Comment

• Mats
          Special Member
          • Jun 2000

Though it is possible to just use the Denon's conversion and pass all analog-converted signals to the Rotel... by using "multi" as the input and not using a digital cable input into the Rotel.
          Mats
          Mats Strömberg

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I'm not sure what you were asking there so i'll answer with a sort of Yes you could have the DVD player do the DD and DTS decodeing but you're better off letting the Rotel do that by passing a digital signal from the Denon to the Rotel. For SACD and DVD-A there isn't a digital connection so you're forced to use the analog inputs.

Comment

• Mats
              Special Member
              • Jun 2000

My point is that you have a choice of decoding the audio of DVDs and CDs... via the Denon or the Rotel. I'm going to do an A/B test on the DACs to see if the Rotel or the Denon is going to give me a better sound on redbook cds.

As well, for DVDs, the same will hold true. I'm able to decode by either the Denon or Rotel, and I will give them both an opportunity to shine. But, in theory, I should be able to avoid any digital transfer to the Rotel since the Denon is well equipped with quality DACs.
              Mats
              Mats Strömberg

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Definately try both and see what you prefer. I have a feeling you'll end up like most of us using the analog outs on the Denon for CD's (and of course DVD-A/SACD) and the digital connection for DD/DTS.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
                Jason

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"