X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • art vandeleigh
    • Oct 2003

input switch on the fly?

hi all,
    i have an rsx-1055 and i wantde to see witch DAC's sounded better, the ones in the 1055 or the one in my sony player. so i want to be able to switch from the opticale to the analog inputs while the music was playing. now is there anything wrong with this? will the firmware even allow me to do this while it is getting and input signal? or will anyting be damaged if i try to do this. thanks all!!
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

This is what you do:

Can your Sony output both analog and digital at the same time? Have the optical cord from the Sony player go to an input on the 1055 that's set up for a digital signal. Set up a pair of analog patch cords from the Sony to another, available input on the 1055. Then just switch inputs back and forth on the 1055. There's no harm.

Comment

• art vandeleigh
      • Oct 2003

will, thats smarts!!!! i should have thought of that...i will give that a try, but i dont think the sony can output both types of transmission at the same time, but i will try.

but if this does not work.....can what i mentioned above cause any kind of harm to the 1055...or speakers?? thanks all!!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

i will give that a try, but i dont think the sony can output both types of transmission at the same time, but i will try.
        I've never owned a DVD player that couldn't do that (sony incl) so you shouldn't have a problem.

There's no harm though in going into the setup menu on the 1055 and toggeling between analog and digital inputs but it takes a couple of presses so its harder to do a true A-B vs using two different inputs.

Comment

• mazuly
          • Feb 2003

Hi,

I actually have done this using V1 (digital) and Multi-Input or CD input (analog) on my 1098. Just one thing though, I could not really pick the differences if I switched too fast between these inputs. Sometime it helps to listen to one format for a while so your ears get used to the sound before you switch to the other input. In my case, I had to sometime listen to the whole song and then repeat it through the other input to pick the differences.

Have fun,
          Maziar

Comment

• art vandeleigh
            • Oct 2003

thanks all!!! really appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"