X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hery
    • Mar 2003

DVD-Audio on RSX-1055

I have a Yamaha player that plays DVD-A connected via coaxial and not multichannel and bought a DVD-A that is supposed to play DTS and Dolby Digital, but am not able to, it only plays dolby prologic. How can I get my 1055 to switch to DTS or Dolby Digital when playing this DVD-A? Thanks in advance!
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

DVDA's that have DTS and Dolby Digital tracks are designed to be backward compatible with regular DVD players. When played through a regular DVD player, you can select which one you would like.

When you put one into a DVDA player it will play the DVD-audio tracks through the multi-outputs and a downmixed stereo output will come through the digital connection.

I don't know of a way to force a DVDA player to not play the DVDA track. That kind of defeats the purpose. Any reason you haven't hooked up the mutli-channel cables?

Kevin D.

Comment

• hery
      • Mar 2003

The main reason I haven't connected it is because this is my first DVD-A, so didn't have the need for it and also because of the double bass issue with my 1055. Thanks for your help Kevin.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

You won't be listening to the high-res tracks then though..... :scratchhead:
        Jason

Comment

• hery
          • Mar 2003

Will I hear a big difference in sound between multi-channel and my current play back?

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Depends on the quality of your gear... but yes... I mean that's the whole point of high-res!
            Jason

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

Just another data point if you wanted to wait on the multi-input. I installed a Yamaha DVDA/SACD player today. In the setup menu was an option titled 'DVD-A Playback' or close to that. Options under that were DVD-Audio, DVD-Video.

Setting it to DVD-Video essentially disabled the DVD-A portion of the player (and killing the whole point of getting a DVD-A disc).. This was a DVD-S657. Check you menu's and you might have the same option.

Kevin D.

Comment

• hery
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by aud19
                Depends on the quality of your gear... but yes... I mean that's the whole point of high-res!
                Currently running B&W CM 4's as mains and CMC bi-amped with 1075/1055 and CM2 rears. Planning on buying cables and giving it a shot :T Thanks for your inputs!

Comment

• hery
                  • Mar 2003

Kevin thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into that but am also planning on buying the extra cables to give the multi channel thing a shot!!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"