X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arrow
    • Mar 2005

volume

My dad recently got a rsp-1068 and rmb-1075 and i was wondering if 70 to 80 was reall all that high we used have the 1075 and a yahmaha reciver as a pre and it was plenty loud i was just tryint to get a norm on this pre-amp
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

That does seem a little bit high, do you have a sound meter to see what levels you are getting at when you hit 70 - 80? I know my reference (85Hz) is set for 76. ...and that's pretty darn loud...

I normally listen to my 1098/1095/1080 system around 45 - 60.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• arrow
      • Mar 2005

yeah the senstivity of the speakers seems rather low at 77 it is rather loud i do no thave a db meter however i am wondering if a step up in power is needed from the 1075 to the 1095

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

They might...but I don't think the 1095 would make that much of a difference over the 1075 (might make a minor one, but not necessarily for the price)?!

77 is a decently inefficienct speaker...so for how loud you do have to turn it up, that makes sense and would seem about right. If you are wanting to get a better amp I would look towards the RB-1090 to really push your speakers. Or grab a RMB-1077 or NuForce Ref 9s... those digital switching amps will really push your speakers without much problem.
        -Dan

Comment

• arrow
          • Mar 2005

when the volume is on 77 on the pre it sounds i would say in the 90db i do not have metter they have a very good open sound but they seem to suck down the juice. But i will forward the comment on the 1095 not realy adding that much more power to my father. I run a full klipsch rig with a rotel 1075 and he realy like the sound i was getting and so he went out and a 1068 and 1075 but the amp was out of stock so we used mine and we were both scratching out heads as to why it seemed the volume was up to high we did run it at 77 for over half an hour and the amp was not even getting wam so i guees that is a good sign

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Yeah if you have Klipsch speakers their efficiency rating is something like 102DB compared to your Dad's 77Dbs... so yeah, you're going to have to turn it up a lot more to get the same level of sound out of the speaker.

As long as the amp is not frying itself... you should be good!
            -Dan

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

What speakers is your Dad running?
              Jason

Comment

• arrow
                • Mar 2005

northcreek audio they are home made from like a crossover kit and drivers. The crossovers he got pre-made and put them togeather himself so there is no real looking it up as far as i know what the exact 1 watt per 1 metter spec is on them and we do not have the gear to check it out. they sound pretty good they are using scanspeak drivers, and air core inductors on the cross over. they are in a furniture match grade case he made. so mom let him get by with the towers cause they have the furniture look but we are having a power issue when we run them off a reciver they can get real loud but the highs are way over the top cause the power is just not there for them, with the rotel the power is there but i am just worried is there enough powre cause they eat it up at 77 we are not running out of the room screaming from the sound. maybe i was expecting them to be more like my klipsch and run me out the room but at 45 they are very quite.

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Well Klipsch are VERY, VERY efficient speakers. My guess, your dad's aren't
                  Jason

Comment

• DelRay
                    • Jun 2004

Am I a little confused here? Is the 77 number the volume setting on the 1068 or the sensitivity of the speaker? The volume indicator goes up to 95. 77 is still a little high on the scale though.

Comment

• arrow
                      • Mar 2005

the volume on the pre is 77 we are not sure of the sensitivity of the speakers. sorry i should clearfy

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"