X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kens1
    • Mar 2005

headphones & 1056

I bought a pair of sennheisser wireless headphones that have rca connections comming out of the wireless base unit. Do I just hook these into the tape out in the back of the 1056?
    Thanks for your help,
    Ken
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Yup, use your REC OUT selection to choose what source you want on the tape out. You can even have a different source then your main listening room.

Also remember, for you to get analog out of the tape loop, you have to have analog in for that source. So if your CD/DVD/DSS is only connected with a digital cable, you need to run additional analog RCA's.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Kens1
      • Mar 2005

Thanks Kevin!
      One more question. My DVD player is also a DVD Audio player which is hooked up to the multi inputs. Would I be able to listen to this through the headphones or will it not work?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Unless your player has the ability to down-mix the 5.1 signal into two channels and has additional stereo only outputs, then no.

Another user recently had the same headphone question and found out his DVD player has the ability to down-mix the SACD's he had. Check your player's manual and see what options you have.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Kens1
          • Mar 2005

Never thought of that. Thanks again! Come to think of it I beleive I can my DVD player to do that.

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

A lot/most of DVD-A's/SACD's also have 2ch tracks that you could select and listen to without downmixing
            Jason

Comment

• Kens1
              • Mar 2005

Okay, the headphones are charged so I went and hooked them into the tape out connections in the back. To listen to cd I hit "rec" button on the front panel and then cd. The sound comes into the headphones but still plays through speakers unless I hit mute which mutes the speakers but not the headphones. I am using the volume on the headphones to control the volume which is fine. Does this sound right or am I missing something - should I have to hit mute?
              Thanks for the help,
              Ken

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

Yup, if you have CD selected in the main room. The 1056 doesn't have a clue you have headphones on. You could select a different (unused) source so that nothing is playing in the main room.

Or you could hook it up to the Zone2 outputs. Set ZONE2 volume to FIXED. Select it the same way (ZONE-SOURCE). That way you could even have the main room off and still have the signal playing.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"