X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomm
    • Oct 2005

1068 vs ca640c

hi
    has anyone got any thoughts on whether i should bypass my 1068 and use my Cambridge Audio 640c's processing via analogue, or use the 1068's processing for stereo musice via analogue? thanks for any inut.
    tom
  • csuzor
    • Nov 2004

I seriously doubt the 1068 adds any coloration to the audio signal in pure analog bypass mode. Just don't use any frequency compensation on the 1068. I believe the only way to get a better sound, is to connect the source directly to the power amp, but then no volume control !

Comment

• tomm
      • Oct 2005

the instruction manual states that the cd player should not be directly connected to a power amp. what i really want to know is, by using the 1068's speaker levels and delays etc, this compensates i little for my sub-standard room. however i'm not sure whether the 1068 would be as good as the 640c as for as stereo processing goes. i am still running in the 640c so i havn't done any critical listening.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"